Dominicans Saving the Day

trina

Silver
Jan 3, 2002
I love this time of the year...every year, I hold high hopes for my Red Sox, and every year, I believe this is going to be their year. Well guess what? This IS their year! I really thought the series against my number 2 team, the Anaheim Angels, was going to be a little more challenging. I was expecting a much tighter series, but Boston was unstoppable. Although they blew a 6-1 lead in the last game, my man David Ortiz saved the day. And doesn't that seem to be the story?

Whether we're talking about Ramirez's 3-run homer in game 1 against the Angels, Pedro's amazing pitching in game 2 of the same series, or David Ortiz's game-saving homer in game 3, the Dominicans are coming out strong as usual. Let's not forget who was responsible for tying game 3 of the Boston-Anaheim series - my number 2 Dominican baseball player, Vladimir Guerrero, with a grand slam. Every game, my husband and I make a bet on who will win the game, and who will come up big when needed. Although he usually wins, he predicted it was going to be Vlad's night last night, and I said, "no way, David Ortiz is going to come out big"...turns out we were both right, but I won the bet. The only possible weak links in Boston's world series victory will be (a) the Manager, and (b) the bullpen. But the awesome hitting, coupled with the Martinez/Schilling duo will pull us through.

Other great Dominican mentionables were A-Rod's homer, saving game 2 of the Twins/Yankees matchup, leading NYY to a win. Hopefully it will be Johan Santana (Venezuelan???) saving the game today, however doubtful I am that the Twins will win, one can still hope. I hate the Yankees. Although Boston's victory will be ever-so-sweet against the Yankees, it would be even sweeter for the Yanks not to get that far.

Rafael Furcal's homer in game 2 also saved the day for Atlanta. And no one has more motivation than he does to keep winning - every win keeps him from jail just a little longer. I won't even comment on how mad I am about that story.

My predictions for todays games: the Twins, led by Santana, anihilate the Yankees. LA is going to win against the Cards, due to some great pitching by Lima. Watch for Pujols to have a strong game for the Cardinals, though. Houston will win against the Braves, with Backe pulling them through. AND BOSTON WILL REST.....

Last edited: