Ex Pat group

Bob K

Silver
Aug 16, 2004
My wife and I are planning a move to the DR next spring/summer. As a mater of fact we will be there next week house hunting. Is there any kind of formal/informal Expat group there. We are moving from the US but an US only group is not priority. Just a frendly group to get and share information with and maybe socialize with. Thanks
Bob K :nervous:

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
Could you refine that down a bit for us Bob?? North, South, or East of the island??

Large Ex-Pat community in the north around Sosua, Cabarete, Puerto Plata & Costamber & although no FORMAL meetings as far as I know for next week, the odd "Bar Night" with darts or similar might be gong on somewhere!! PM me if you are coming North & I'll fill you in on what/where! ~ Grahame.

Bob K

Silver
Aug 16, 2004
BushBaby said:
Could you refine that down a bit for us Bob?? North, South, or East of the island??

Large Ex-Pat community in the north around Sosua, Cabarete, Puerto Plata & Costamber & although no FORMAL meetings as far as I know for next week, the odd "Bar Night" with darts or similar might be gong on somewhere!! PM me if you are coming North & I'll fill you in on what/where! ~ Grahame.

It is the north coast. We will be staying in Puerto Plata but looking at houses in the Sousua, Cabarete areal
Thanks

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
We are here...

HI Bob there are a number of us here on the North COast. I am a Canadian living in Puerto Plata. I know several others as well, plus some Americans, British etc etc.....

I am sure many of them will make themselves known.

When are you coming, where are you staying and what help do you need???

Just let us know and those that can help - usually will....

Bob K

Silver
Aug 16, 2004
planner said:
HI Bob there are a number of us here on the North COast. I am a Canadian living in Puerto Plata. I know several others as well, plus some Americans, British etc etc.....

I am sure many of them will make themselves known.

When are you coming, where are you staying and what help do you need???

Just let us know and those that can help - usually will....

We are staying at the Hilton in puerto plata. We will arrive next Sat and be there for a week. We will be house hunting as well as looking over the area.

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
Good Choice

You should love the hotel. Nice place. My office is literally across the stree!!! We'll have to meet for coffee.....

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
And of course you will have to come to Santiago

For shopping, like most North Coasters, they end up going on occasion. It is so funny to see all these beet red people and bleached blonds all wrinkled from that sun they so love, walking the aisles of Price Smart or El Nacional and even among the people in El Pola....:D:D:D

Y'all be welcomed fer kawphy at the ol' hovel, enny time y' all's in town...

If'fn y'all kin reed that, yer more 'n welcome!!

HB :D:D:D

The "kawphy" is an old football joke....

Chester4

*** Sin Bin ***
Feb 12, 2004
Party on Saturday 23rd October

Bob K said:
My wife and I are planning a move to the DR next spring/summer. As a mater of fact we will be there next week house hunting. Is there any kind of formal/informal Expat group there. We are moving from the US but an US only group is not priority. Just a frendly group to get and share information with and maybe socialize with. Thanks
Bob K :nervous:

Shame you will miss a pre-wedding party on Saturday 23rd Oct. in Sosua .. for Debby and Brian from England. They to will be returning to Sosua to live.

It would have been a good chance for you to meet some local people. Also there is a local group get-together - the International Residents Club.. we meet on the first Friday of every month ... you can contact me direct for more information.

I live in Sosua with my 2 children aged 12 & 14. We are from England.. we have lived in Sosua for 2.1/2 years.

If you would like to meet up when you are in Sosua please PM me.

Sylvia

Bob K said:
We are staying at the Hilton in puerto plata. We will arrive next Sat and be there for a week. We will be house hunting as well as looking over the area.

I will be at the Coral Marien from the 19th thru the 25th, maybe we can hook up and I could introduce you to some of the ex Pats in the area and the ones on this board will always be helpful as they have been for myself if you have any questions for them.
Badpiece

Bob K

Silver
Aug 16, 2004
badpiece33 said:
SSSHHHHH Dont tell anyone I will have to change my name :(
Badpiece why are you at the hotel do you not live in DR. We definitly want to meet folks who are familar with living in the DR as this may very well be our home for many moons

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
Bob K.
Badpiece does NOT live in the country, he is from NY. He does however spend almost as much time down here as he does working, is VERY knowledgable on the country as he has been coming here since he was a sprog, & certainly knows most of the decent local Ex-Pats!! A HIVE of information for you in the hotel end of next week!! Just watch out when going to the discoes with him ...... he has a habit of finding the young ladies!! ~ Grahame.