Cremation in Santo Domingo?

mikeppsych

Oct 9, 2004
The American embassy in Santo Domingo web site states that "cremation was not performed in the Dominican Republic until April 2003, when one Santo Domingo funeral home started to practice this procedure." A web search for the location of this funeral home was unsuccessful. Can anyone tell me the name, address, and/or telephone number of the funeral home?

mikeppsych

Oct 9, 2004
Thanks Ken!

Much appreciate the quick and accurate reply. Web site of Funeraria Blandino (in Spanish) lists cremation as an offered service. They are located on Avenue Abraham Lincoln #62 in Santo Domingo. Telephone (809) 535-2153. Will share information with both the National Cremation Society and my young, bright, and inquisitive Dominican esposa, who wondered what to do if and when she found herself in the presence of my lifeless body. Since I am retired and live in Puerto Plata roughly 48 weeks out of the year, I thought it was an excellent question.

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
Hats off to you, sir.

You have a Dominican esposa who plans ahead for eventualities. This is not the strongest local characteristic, so well done for finding yourself a real jewel (unless her other name is Lucrezia Borgia.......just kidding! ;) )