Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: US passport for my son

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default US passport for my son

    I was wondering if there was a time limit for me to apply for a US passport for my son? if so, what is it?

  2. #2
    Retired Ussername
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Post Thanks / Like


    If either parent had US citizenship when the child was born, their children may automatically be granted US citizenship at any time until they reach 18.

    After the age of 18, I think there is a different process involved to obtain citizenship.

    If the parents were not married, and the father is the US citizen, both father and child may have to take a DNA test to prove paternity.

    You can get all of the requirements from the US Citizens section in the US Consulate in Santo Domingo, at the intersection of Maximo Gomez and Av Cesar Nicolas Penson. Bring your passport and your patience, and come early.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Where was the child born?

    That is the big question.
    If born here in the DR then one of you two must fulfill certain residence requirements in the states after you acquired your American citizenship.

    If the child was born in the US, then you need a birth certificate...and perhaps some ofther proof, but just what that could be does not come to mind...

    You have until the child is 21, but I would not put it off, if I were you...



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts