Yankees vs Red Sox - Dominican Style! (All Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cleef

Bronze
Feb 24, 2002
Daily News - Tuesday, 05 October 2004
Twenty-two Dominican players are participating in the Major League Baseball playoffs. The teams this year are the St. Louis Cardinals vs the Los Angels Dodgers; the Altanta Bravos vs the Houson Astros; New York Yankees vs Minnesota Twins; and Boston Red Sox vs Anaheim Angels......

What's with this baseball stuff all over DR1.com? Has this whole operation gone to hell in a handbasket? I thought this topic wasn't allowed?

How about my Saaaaaaawwwwwwxxxxx!

Ding Dong - THE YANKEES ARE DEAD!!!

Last edited:

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
It's allowed if it has a DR theme/content.

Pity they can't play football or drive F1 cars, otherwise I would be the #1 poster :)

AtlantaBob

Jan 2, 2002
Furcal to go to Jail??

Just heard that Rafael Furcal broke his DUI probation and is going before a judge this morning. I can't see an Atlanta judge putting him in jail the day the playoffs start. Hopefully, he will wait 'til after the the Braves beat the Red Sox...or Yankees or whoever in the World Series.

Look for me at the game this afternoon. I'll be holding up the dominican flag whenever a dominican player comes up to bat. Go Braves!

FuegoAzul21

Jun 28, 2004
yeah i been seein alot of that too, but im sure dominicans are doin other stuff in sports too .For instance they didnt talk about Luis Flores gettin signed to the golden state warriors , i thought that would be huge news "Dr player in the nba " , it was for me (i love basketball).Too many dominicans are still stuck in the "baseball only" world and its time to spread the talent into other sports like basketball , soccer, boxing ect..... , not taking anything from baseball , but i just think its time to go on

mobrouser

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
my favorite Dominican baseball players today: Jose Offerman and Cristian Guzman.

:classic:
mob

Musicqueen

Miami Nice!
Jan 31, 2002
You are so slick...

Cleef...clever way to start a new thread...

How about them Twinkies? Beating the Yankees in the first game? 2-0!!!

And the Sox 9-3 over the Angels....!!!!!

My prediction: 2004 World Series: HOUSTON ASTROS vs. BOSTON RED SOX

Winner: BOSTON RED SOX....of course!!!

Anybody want to start the betting? ;)

Way to go Manny...hopefully Pedro slays them tonight also!!!

MQ

Last edited:

Tony Cabrera

Sep 24, 2002
Musicqueen said:
Cleef...clever way to start a new thread...

How about them Twinkies? Beating the Yankees in the first game? 2-0!!!

And the Sox 9-3 over the Angels....!!!!!

My prediction: 2004 World Series: HOUSTON ASTROS vs. BOSTON RED SOX

Winner: BOSTON RED SOX....of course!!!

Anybody want to start the betting? ;)

Way to go Manny...hopefully Pedro slays them tonight also!!!

MQ

I think it will be the Red Sox vs the Cardinals.
Go Boston!!!

Musicqueen

Miami Nice!
Jan 31, 2002
News about Furcal...

For anyone interested to know what the judge said...

http://msn.foxsports.com/story/3063760

I guess the little 'cucaracha' got away with it...once again! They should suspend him for the rest of the season and let him learn once and for all...

The Braves are buying his freedom only so he can help them...I HOPE THEY LOSE right now, and never make it any further than the NLCS....!

With all the money these people have...couldn't he hire a chauffer to drive him around and not risk getting caught???

It makes me mad as hell...'cause anybody else WOULD spend time in JAIL and pay THOUSANDS of dollars for this...

ARRRGGGGGG!!!!

Larry

Gold
Mar 22, 2002
It's great that the baseball threads stay open. I love this time of year! Unfortunately, my Yanks couldn't push any runs across the plate last night. Look for an offensive explosion from the Yankees against Radke tonight. I predict a lopsided win tonight and for the Yanks to sweep the rest of the series setting up a showdown verses the sizzling hot Sawx. I would love to see Houston go all the way to the series. Imagine these two scenarios....Astros vs. Yankees OR Astros vs. Red Sox. Just imagine Clemens taking the mound in Yankees stadium with a Houston Astros jersey. An even more unbelieveable sight would be him taking the mound at Fenway in a Houston jersey AND winning another World Series ring with another team at the expense of the cursed Sawwx. That would absolutely KILL Red Sox Nation. LOL!

Larry

Argo

*** Sin Bin ***
Aug 5, 2004
Larry said:
It's great that the baseball threads stay open. I love this time of year! Unfortunately, my Yanks couldn't push any runs across the plate last night. Look for an offensive explosion from the Yankees against Radke tonight. I predict a lopsided win tonight and for the Yanks to sweep the rest of the series setting up a showdown verses the sizzling hot Sawx. I would love to see Houston go all the way to the series. Imagine these two scenarios....Astros vs. Yankees OR Astros vs. Red Sox. Just imagine Clemens taking the mound in Yankees stadium with a Houston Astros jersey. An even more unbelieveable sight would be him taking the mound at Fenway in a Houston jersey AND winning another World Series ring with another team at the expense of the cursed Sawwx. That would absolutely KILL Red Sox Nation. LOL!

Larry

My predicition

Sox will lose tonight as Pedro falls on his face, feigning yet another "injury"

If they could only have Schilling pitch the entire rotation

Larry

Gold
Mar 22, 2002
Argo said:
My predicition

Sox will lose tonight as Pedro falls on his face, feigning yet another "injury"

If they could only have Schilling pitch the entire rotation

Schilling really is a great pitcher and I do not throw that term around freely. I remember how he manhandled the Yanks when he was with Arizona in the 2001 WS. He was unhittable. Great pitchers are at their best come post season and that is why Schilling is great and Pedro is not.

However, IF Pedro can somehow look deep inside himself and find some guts and will, thus providing the Sawx with a dynamite 1-2 punch much like Arizona had in 2001 (Schilling and the Unit), the Sawx would be tough to beat. I question Pedro's desire to win and don't see that happening. He wants to win but winning is not the burning, driving force behind him like it is with people like Schilling and Clemens. Sawx will fall to the Yanks in the ALCS. I am willing to put my money where my mouth is again this year ( thanks again for the $50.00 last year mondongo).

Larry

toneloc24

Bronze
Mar 8, 2004
Musicqueen said:
...my dear Argo...are by any chance a Yankees fan?

So bitter....

A Red Sox fan calling somebody else bitter??? Wow!

I'm a Yankee fan. Here's why the Yanks will always out-class BoSox fans.

Johan Santana pitched a hellava game, again. He deserves the Cy Young, and all the accolades that came his way. He beat the Yankees last night. Much respect.

Notice how there were no excuses, no hopes, nada. Just respect. The Yankees will win the next 3 games in a row. Santana's the franchise.

To keep this Dominican-related, I'm banking on Vlad to rock Pedro for a couple of bombs. He'll rebound from his Game 1 performance to lead the Angels over the BoSox. Then, what becomes of Pedro next year?

Musicqueen

Miami Nice!
Jan 31, 2002
Sorry...

... to dissapoint you...I'm a 1997 AND 2003 WORLD SERIES CHAMPION FLORIDA MARLINS FAN!!

This is year I'm going for the Sox 'cause I think the have a great team and deserve to win...

I would cheer for ANYONE basically over the damn YANKEES!!!!!! ;)

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
You better find lots of DR content in the following posts otherwsie this thread is heading for the trash can. :tired:

Larry

Gold
Mar 22, 2002
Robert said:
You better find lots of DR content in the following posts otherwsie this thread is heading for the trash can. :tired:

Robert, the majority of the teams remaining have big-time Dominican stars who the discussions always revolve around. Pedro Martinez, Manny Ramirez, David Ortiz, A-Rod, Pujols, etc...

Larry

Last edited:

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Larry said:
Robert, the majority of the teams remaining have big-time Dominican stars who the discussions always revolve around. Pedro Martinez, Manny Ramirez, David Ortiz, A-Rod, Pujols, etc...

Larry

You better do better than that :)

bienamor

Kansas redneck an proud of it
Apr 23, 2004
rugby anyone??????

Robert said:
You better do better than that :)

How about if they were rugby, or cricket stars?????????????

Robert you just don't like baseball. :eek:

Argo

*** Sin Bin ***
Aug 5, 2004
Musicqueen said:
...my dear Argo...are by any chance a Yankees fan?

So bitter....

No, actually a Cubs fan, just tired of Pedro's whining. What makes you feel you know me so well to form an opinion of my mental health? Does one remark about a ball player I don't care for put me into a classification?

Argo

*** Sin Bin ***
Aug 5, 2004
Musicqueen said:
... to dissapoint you...I'm a 1997 AND 2003 WORLD SERIES CHAMPION FLORIDA MARLINS FAN!!

This is year I'm going for the Sox 'cause I think the have a great team and deserve to win...

I would cheer for ANYONE basically over the damn YANKEES!!!!!! ;)

Musicqueen

So bitter, are you by chance an anti Yankees person :), living in the DR of course

Status
Not open for further replies.