Visa Question

VG Almonte

Oct 12, 2004
I am petitioning my fiancee on a K1 Fiancee type visa. We have are appointment for the forth of November in Santo Domingo's American embassy. My girlfriend tried to do a visitor visa a few months ago in April. I met her and started going out with her in April. She was doing this before I met her and in the long run was shot down becauce her mother(which she isnt close at all with) resides in the USA. Now my question is on her paper work she checked off her boy friend didnt live in the USA, will the two differente applications be cross referenced or will the first be totally forgotten. Thanks allot any help will be appriciated from the heart.

Thank you, VG

Apr 26, 2002
VG,

My wife is an Almonte, from Jarabacoa.

It will be helpful that CIS has already approved your application. This means that your interview will be far more focused on the legitimacy of your relationship than anything else. The Consulate can only scrutinize so much paperwork. Still, you should be prepared with an explanation if the former misstatement comes up. Honesty with a good explanation beats lying.

Are you Dominican American? If so, I think it reduces your chances of getting the Visa unless you can show outstanding economic resources that would put you out of having any monetary interest in visa fraud.

VG Almonte

Oct 12, 2004
My parents were born in DR. I was born in New Jersey. Economically I make about $41,808 a year before taxes the requirement are only $$15,612. I think this is deffinetly my strong point becauce with my salary I could legally support myself and 7 other sponsors.

Thanks VG

Porfio_Rubirosa said:
VG,

My wife is an Almonte, from Jarabacoa.

It will be helpful that CIS has already approved your application. This means that your interview will be far more focused on the legitimacy of your relationship than anything else. The Consulate can only scrutinize so much paperwork. Still, you should be prepared with an explanation if the former misstatement comes up. Honesty with a good explanation beats lying.

Are you Dominican American? If so, I think it reduces your chances of getting the Visa unless you can show outstanding economic resources that would put you out of having any monetary interest in visa fraud.