Help!!

BostonMary

May 18, 2002
We just recieved a phone call that my borther-in-law died this morning in POP. His body is in the hospital and will be moved to the morgue. My other brother-in- law is flying in today from California and we will be coming down ASAP to claim the body. Right now the police have the keys to his car and house. I know we have to move quickly to deter looting and make sure his car is OK. If anyone has dealt with the death of a relative who is not a Dominican any advice will be graetly appreciated.
Thanks

BostonMary

May 18, 2002
Toronto2inDR,
Mt brother-in-law lived in Costambar you might have known him. He lived in Condominium Luperon. Right now we're his body is in Ricardo Limbardo Hospital we need to have th body moved to Santiago for an autopsy. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
BostonMary said:
Toronto2inDR,
Mt brother-in-law lived in Costambar you might have known him. He lived in Condominium Luperon. Right now we're his body is in Ricardo Limbardo Hospital we need to have th body moved to Santiago for an autopsy. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

I would suggest you telephone the American Consular office here in Puerto Plata & get them to handle initial actions until you &/or your family members can get down here. Tel No. is 809 586 4204. The Consular agent used to be Bill Kirkman but as he most likely will not be there, tell Alexjandra (his secretary) to get things moving on yur behalf. You might find SOME resistance, but a firm resolve normally gets them working for you!!

Sorry for your loss & the very BEST of luck ~ Grahame.
PS, I am in Puerto Plata & have the ear of the British Consulate office IF you feel I can help! PM me if you think I can help further!