Hey guys,

After searching numerous websites and this site I have come to you
guys for help.

We are looking for an apartment in Sosua or Cabarete to
stay in while studying at the IIC. We are planning on staying for a month
next August. Out of all of the people I have gotten response from through
their websites the cheapest we found for a 2 bedroom is $55US/night. I'm
hoping that there are cheaper accomodations out there. We're not super
fussy, just need somewhere safe, clean, few bugs (can't handle the cucarachas--but the little ant type bugs that are typical of the AI's are fine) a pool and a/c would be a plus but not a necessity. Would need kitchen facilities, bathroom, living room would be nice too. Ideally it would be a
2 bedroom but if we can't find any within our budget then we'll settle for a
1 bedroom. Hmmm, what else.. close to the school would be a bonus..

As for our price range.. we're hoping to get something that is less then $1000US for the month

Well thats all for now I think.. thank you guys in advance for the help.. I'm sure there'll be many more questions that come up in the months to come.

Take care,

Dawn

PS. Marco, Gregg referred me to you.

appleman

Dec 18, 2003
Dawn

Check your PM. I sent you the name of a poster here who has a villa that you might be able to rent.

Bob H.

FireGuy

Rest in peace Amigo!
Aug 21, 2002
www.polaris-fs.com
Holy cr*p Dawn,

You're rich!!!

CanadianCutie22 said:
As for our price range.. we're hoping to get something that is less then $1000US for the monthQUOTE]

For that kind of money Marco will probably rent you his tourist condo at Trade Winds and pick you up from and deliver you to the airport. (Gregg ducks for committing Macro to this possibility.)

You should have lots of choices for that kind of coin.

Gregg

CanadianCutie22

Jun 1, 2002
Not rich individually.. but as a team!!! I figure we can afford to split it.. you gotta remember too that it'll have been 18 longgggggg months since we've been back. Hopefully we can afford to splurge a little.. lol

But of course.. less is always better then more.. c'mon there's gotta be someone out there that wants to give two Canadian chica's a good deal!

Dawn

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Not a problem

CanadianCutie22 said:
a pool and a/c would be a plus but not a necessity. Would need kitchen facilities, bathroom, living room would be nice too. Ideally it would be a
2 bedroom but if we can't find any within our budget then we'll settle for a
1 bedroom. Hmmm, what else.. close to the school would be a bonus..
As for our price range.. we're hoping to get something that is less then $1000US for the month
It won't be difficult to find you a single bedroom condo for half that price and a bit more difficult for a 2 bedroom, but can be done.
You can get in touch a month or 2 before and we'll let you know what the options are at the time.
You really need not worry.
There are lots of places available at that time of the year.
Regards, Marco.

mk-ultra

Sep 13, 2004
Rocky said:
It won't be difficult to find you a single bedroom condo for half that price and a bit more difficult for a 2 bedroom, but can be done.
You can get in touch a month or 2 before and we'll let you know what the options are at the time.
You really need not worry.
There are lots of places available at that time of the year.
Regards, Marco.

hi

i'm also looking for a place in sosua or cabarete. i'm interested in a 1 bedroom, with 24 hr electricity, a/c, furnished, telephone line, secure, quiet. this is for me, my wife and our dog. we will be landing in SD on nov. 2nd. our budget is around $400(us)

we're looking to rent for atleast 1 month. if we like the place we'll stay atleast another 6 months. if not, we'll look around for soemthing else during that 1st month. after 6 months we'll decide if we'll stay permenantly, then we'll need something bigger. can you or anyone help?

thanks

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Since time is running out may I suggest staying at Eddy's or Rocky's in Sosua and then look for an apartment once you have the time to reach.

mk-ultra

Sep 13, 2004
Anna Coniglio said:
Since time is running out may I suggest staying at Eddy's or Rocky's in Sosua and then look for an apartment once you have the time to reach.

thanks. its an option. but who is eddie and rocky?

mk-ultra

Sep 13, 2004
thanks for your help anna. i've emailed them both.

any more info would be appreciated. the more options, the better. ;)

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
Anna Coniglio said:
Eddy's is Condos Dominicano but the site isn't working right now.

http://www.condosdominicano.com/

but if you click on this site below you'll see a post from him and email him.

http://www.dr1.com/forums/showthread.php?p=244601#post244601

Thanks for the plug Anna but I'm no longer involved in Condos Dominicano. I do know they do not have any 1 Br. units available. Some studios and 2 Br's but not for long term. As for the website, both Condos and Eddy's have been down for a couple of days. I'm getting on their case this week. They had major problems and sent me a note of apology.