" A Boy And His Family In Crisis " cont...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
Goodness gracious, where does this misleading story come from?

Just to correct the facts - Gustavo works for us. No donations are necessary as we paid his Doctor's bills as well as his hospital bill, transportation, medicine and food in full. We continue to support Gustavo and his family. We had a meeting with his brothers and his father this past Monday and Gustavo walks fine and is healing as expected. As of Monday, his mother reported that she had sufficient medication for the week. His family told us this past Monday that they do not need money for the forthcoming week and would not take further money from us.

We have contacted the manufacturers of the planta, as the planta was in fact cold when the explosion occured. The only explanation that we have thus far, is the they key could have been in the "on" position in the ignition when Gustavo filled up with gas. The planta was delivered to and is being inspected by a Honda technician to try and find what happened. The door to the planta room was certainly open. Just before we filled with gas, my son inspected the planta and checked the oil, the transfer switch and marked off on our usual planta checklist. Gustavo reports that all was well when he filled up with gas and he believes that the key was not in the ignition position - so we do not know what caused this.

When the explosion happened, Gustavo had spatters of gas over his feet and bottom part of his legs. He then tried to grab the planta and pull it out of the planta room - burning the lower part of his arms. He has one splash over his face. He was taken to the clinic in Cabarete immediately where they gave him first aid and contacted the clinic in Puerto Plata to expect him. We then took him to Puerto Plata. He was in hospital for three days and released on the morning of the fourth day. The cost was RD$16,000 for the hospital portion.

We expect Gustavo to recover fully. He will have some scarring but it could have been so much worse.

I'd love to know where this misleading story asking for donations came from? This is a lovely Dominican family but they are self-supporting and proud people. Of course they can do with more but they are not in need of donations today. I will be sure to let you know when they are.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Thanks for the update. Glad to see he is recovering and getting the required attention.

Before this get's out of hand, I'll close it.

Status
Not open for further replies.