Silver
May 12, 2002
Hi,
I want to know if it is true that the temperature in Constanza
is always cold as my friend says?. Some of the things that he
says you can't really believe because exaggerate so much. He
even said that lakes freeze up and you have to wear coats all
year round.

Is this a tourists friendly place and is there anything to see?
and is it true that the legend of the siguapas started in that area?

Thank you,
Stone cold

WebDev

Jan 1, 2002
samana.net
Mr_DR said:
Hi,
I want to know if it is true that the temperature in Constanza
is always cold as my friend says?. Some of the things that he
says you can't really believe because exaggerate so much. He
even said that lakes freeze up and you have to wear coats all
year round.

Is this a tourists friendly place and is there anything to see?
and is it true that the legend of the siguapas started in that area?

Thank you,
Stone cold
You should do some search on the subject "Constanza"! Someone is pulling your legs. Ice skating and fur hats in the cold months. LOL
Here are some links http://www.constanza.net/clima.htm or http://www.constanza.net

WebDev

Mirador

On Permanent Vacation!
Apr 15, 2004
La Ciguapa

The leyend is definitely aboriginal, however all through the Caribbean, Central America, and in particular the Amazon basin countries (Colombia, Ecuador, Venezuela..) there are different versions.

It's my own speculation that the leyend propagated as a children's story, much like the 'bogeyman', by parents in order to scare children from venturing too far out into the wilderness... The beautiful child, or in later versions a women represents attraction and curiosity of the unknown...The inverted feet, a direction with no return, death...

Mirador

Last edited:

Mirador

On Permanent Vacation!
Apr 15, 2004
leromero, there are many stories inspired in aboriginal oral traditions. The leyend of La Ciguapa seems to be a regional variation of a theme of forest goblins and elves who make hunters lose their way in order to protect their realm. The oldest regional version I've been able to find is Brazilian, where a character by the name of 'Curupira' (from the tupi-guaran? language: curu- meaning boy and pira- body), with red hair and inverted feet goes around throwing off hunters to protect the forest. However, the expression: 'to walk with inverted feet', is universal and can be found with similar meanings in oral traditions from every continent.

Mirador

Spirit7

Aug 26, 2004
Constanza's temperatures

Constanza is in a valley several thousand feet above sea level where it is hot in the day but very cool at night...in the winter months it may get very cold at night and water does freeze and there is frost on the plants at dawn on the coldest days....

It is a very quiet town in the middle of an agricultural area and it is nice
to spend a weekend there biking and just exploring things in the vicinity...I recommend a visit.

Mr_DR

Silver
May 12, 2002
Spirit7 said:
Constanza is in a valley several thousand feet above sea level where it is hot in the day but very cool at night...in the winter months it may get very cold at night and water does freeze and there is frost on the plants at dawn on the coldest days....

It is a very quiet town in the middle of an agricultural area and it is nice
to spend a weekend there biking and just exploring things in the vicinity...I recommend a visit.

Thank you for the info Spirit7
what is the population there?