telephone problems????

sami

Aug 7, 2003
does anyone know what the problem is in Cabarete re the telephone? I have not had service since the hurricane. Is anyone else in the area experiencing the same problem?
When I contact the telephone company .....I am told that it is a big problem???? Help, I need my internet.
sami

Peter & Alex

Bronze
May 3, 2003
www.rainbowsenddr.com
Sami,
Call Alex - oh, I forgot - you don't have the phone??
We're all back on and have had only a few problems since Jeanne, then the crashed burnt out car melting all the cables, etc. etc.
Did you report the fault?? Verizon do take action within 3 days, any longer and they will reimburse you with a credit on your next phone bill.
Peter

sami

Aug 7, 2003
duh!!!!Alex.
I thought the phone company would just know after a dozen phone calls. Do you know of anyone else in the area having the same problem. Or does anyone out there have a good contact :tired:

NYWELSH1

Oct 7, 2004
mucho prblemo

io have have major problems this last week my girl friend is with orange
i was getting cut off not getting threw then i was conecting to faxes
she just switched to verizon ( i am not pluging them here)
crystal clear ...

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
Phone problems

We've had problems in Puerto Plata with cellular service for about 2 weeks. Switched lines, disconnecting, not going thru. Who the heck knows what it might be this time.... I am told the problems are fixed but I pretty much don't believe them.....

MoReNiTa GuApA

Oct 8, 2004
phone problems tambien

I have also been having problems calling POP from Canada. Call once- busy, call twice- answering machine, third call - dead air. And I get charged for that dead air!! :cry:

Thebes

Jun 18, 2004
No troubles at all calling my new DR land-line in Sosua a few dozen times over the past three days to trouble shoot an unrelated system. I did notice more of a delay than one might hope, but all calls went through fine and were of decent quality.

Mirador

On Permanent Vacation!
Apr 15, 2004
Could anyone tell me if cell phone jammers are legal in the DR. I swear they're being used...

Mirador

Shelley

Oct 16, 2004
trouble calling from Canada too

I've been having trouble calling from Vancouver, Canada to Puerto Plata for about 2 weeks. Last couple of days have been impossible and I haven't gotten through at all. The call either just rings with a busy type tone, says the circuits are busy or is just dead. Tried again today and still not working.

Hopefully things are back up soon!!

rafael

Bronze
Jan 2, 2002
www.dr-tourist.tv
I have had very little luck calling any DR cell phones in the last week or so. In fact even calling landlines has been iffy. I get a wide range of error messages etc. At first I thought it was my calling card, but I have tried several and since others here are having similar results. . . .

flch69

Oct 17, 2004
cell phone connection problem???

i have been trying to reach a friend by his cell phone but have not been successful. it's coming to 3 weeks, does it mean the phone problem is not resolved yet??

cjjd

Mar 14, 2004
Still having problems today connecting from T.O. to POP. I've also tried other calling cards thinking it was just the company, but it seems to be everywhere. I even contacted Bell Canada because I couldn't connect directly from a Bell land line and they said the problem was on the receiving end and to keep trying. I'm pretty persistent though and I usually end up connecting after about 20 consecutive attempts. It's so frustrating! I hope they resolve it shortly.

flch69

Oct 17, 2004
phone line situation

does anyone have any update to share regarding the phone line situation? i am still having problem in getting connected.

Shelley

Oct 16, 2004
ok from canada's west

I called twice today from Vancouver to POP with no problems. Once this morning and once this evening. I got through on the first try both times.

marito

May 24, 2004
still have problem (Quebec to Sosua)

I got less problem yesterday, but today not a chance

Marito