Access to american TV in DR

sam5935

Oct 11, 2004
Hello!

More than likely, I will be in DR over the Christmas holiday. I have a brother who is on an American college football team and will be playing in a bowl game at this time. I need to make sure I can get access to this game. I will probably be in the Santiago or Sosua area. How difficult will it be for me to find a bar or a hotel with Satellite tv so I can watch a football game in America. It will hopefully be the bowl game in Miami, fl. Thanks for the help!

stallion

Mr. Main Event
May 28, 2004
sam5935 said:
Hello!

More than likely, I will be in DR over the Christmas holiday. I have a brother who is on an American college football team and will be playing in a bowl game at this time. I need to make sure I can get access to this game. I will probably be in the Santiago or Sosua area. How difficult will it be for me to find a bar or a hotel with Satellite tv so I can watch a football game in America. It will hopefully be the bowl game in Miami, fl. Thanks for the help!

Hi,
Most likely all the hotels and bars in susua can accomadate this. They have all the american chanels. Good luck

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
stallion said:
Hi,
Most likely all the hotels and bars in susua can accomadate this. They have all the american chanels. Good luck

Very few NFL & CFL available in hotels other than in bars with satellite. Ask around when you get here.

sam5935

Oct 11, 2004
Eddy said:
Very few NFL & CFL available in hotels other than in bars with satellite. Ask around when you get here.

Is it fairly easy to find one of these bars? If so, Is it hard to find one that would change to a game I'm looking for? What about like the nice resort hotels or a hilton, etc....?

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
sam5935 said:
Is it fairly easy to find one of these bars? If so, Is it hard to find one that would change to a game I'm looking for? What about like the nice resort hotels or a hilton, etc....?

As a rule, resorts (There are no Hiltons) in the Sosua area have calble TV. They have a few American sports channels but NFL and CFL games are part of a PPV package and only available in bars with satellite. As for wanting to change to a particular game, that would depend on the staff. A few bars have several receivers and can show up to 3 or 4 different games at the same time. Look around when you get to Sosua.

sam5935

Oct 11, 2004
Thanks for the response. I'm wondering how into football people are there. The game I'm hopefully going to want to see is the orange bowl, which is the national championship game this year. It will really be the only game on in America that night so I guessing it won't be that difficult if people there are into football at all. What do you think??

Spirit7

Aug 26, 2004
sam5935 said:
Thanks for the response. I'm wondering how into football people are there. The game I'm hopefully going to want to see is the orange bowl, which is the national championship game this year. It will really be the only game on in America that night so I guessing it won't be that difficult if people there are into football at all. What do you think??

YOUR BEST BET WILL BE A SPORTS BAR AND IM SURE U WILL GET TO SEE THE ORANGE BOWL GAME....YOUR OTHER OPTION WOULD BE TO GO TO SOMEONE'S HOUSE WITH A CABLE SYSTEM WHICH HAS ALL THE MAJOR U.S.
NETWORKS....