Santa Claus is in town!

juanita

Bronze
Apr 22, 2004
I don?t know about the rest of the country, but here in Santo Domingo the Christmas decorations have been out for the past 2 weeks! If you go to the stores on one shelf you?ll find the Halloween decorations and on the other side Christmas. Merry early Christmas to all! :nervous:

dominicangirl

Oct 9, 2002
juanita said:
I don?t know about the rest of the country, but here in Santo Domingo the Christmas decorations have been out for the past 2 weeks! If you go to the stores on one shelf you?ll find the Halloween decorations and on the other side Christmas. Merry early Christmas to all! :nervous:

Same here in NYC!

I didn't think Christmas was as commercialized in DR as it is in the US.

Doodoo

Jun 1, 2004
And here in England, Our shops have been full of christmas decorations etc for 3 weeks already

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Yes, I spotted the tree and the full Christmas window display in La Novia de Villa in the first week of October. Those eyesores on Sarasota (between the intersection with Churchill and the Hotel Embajador) had already been wheeled out when I drove past yesterday.

Less commercial than the US, maybe, but it more than compensates in unrestrained camp tackiness.

juanita

Bronze
Apr 22, 2004
I do miss the snow and the pine smell during the holidays but I love to see the main streets at night in Santo Domingo, with all the trees filled with Christmas lights. ;)