Laundry

Victor Laszlo

Bronze
Aug 24, 2004
Dumb question # 4: I was wondering about the possibility of doing laundry in Sosua. I?m going for 2 weeks (non-AI) and don?t want to lug around 2 weeks worth of clothes. I found this quote from JanH but don?t know quite what to make of it:

?There aren't any public dryers in Sosua that I have found. There's a public laundromat across from Europa Hotel but only the washers are coin operated.You may have to do what I've done is wash at home and take to the laundromat for them to dry. It's pretty cheap.?

I?m not quite clear about the drying part. Can someone elaborate?

Are there any commercial laundries around? Do any of the smaller, cheaper hotels offer laundry service? Thanks for any help.

PS: Sorry this isn?t about sex or some other interesting topic.

Gregg

Apr 26, 2004
Wash and Fold Service

Victor Laszlo said:
Dumb question # 4: I was wondering about the possibility of doing laundry in Sosua. I?m going for 2 weeks (non-AI) and don?t want to lug around 2 weeks worth of clothes. I found this quote from JanH but don?t know quite what to make of it:

?There aren't any public dryers in Sosua that I have found. There's a public laundromat across from Europa Hotel but only the washers are coin operated.You may have to do what I've done is wash at home and take to the laundromat for them to dry. It's pretty cheap.?

I?m not quite clear about the drying part. Can someone elaborate?

Are there any commercial laundries around? Do any of the smaller, cheaper hotels offer laundry service? Thanks for any help.

PS: Sorry this isn?t about sex or some other interesting topic.

the laundromat across from the Europa is up for sale and was closed the day i tried to use it. someone local may want to confirm whether they are still open for business.

we used a wash, iron and fold service that was very reasonable. they charge by the pound and did a very good job. it was the cheapest laundry that we did over our 3 week trip in the DR.

they are located beside the MAXX car wash on the main highway towards Cabarete, just on the way out of Sosua on your right. there is a little strip mall beside the car wash with a few shops. the laundry is there. the carwash is fairly easy to spot...very hi-tech and attractive...lots of green (i think).

the ladies will have your laundry done for the next day. however, they do have power outages and that made our laundry a day late. give yourself an extra day's grace to get the laundry done.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Last Time I Stayed at The "Europa Hotel",

My maid washed,dried,and folded my clothes,and I didn't even ask!!She was a nice lady! I have enjoyed my stays there very much! Cris Colon

CyaBye3015

Bronze
Jan 8, 2003
Last Time I Stayed at a small casa "Casa Valeria"

I stayed in Sosua for a month earlier this year, and the maid did my wash as well, I think this is common in the DR.

Joe

P.S. if you're looking for a place to stay let me know, I know of a couple of great small hotels.

Jimmydr

Bronze
Apr 17, 2003
www.insearchofchicas.org
Gregg said:
the laundromat across from the Europa is up for sale and was closed the day i tried to use it. someone local may want to confirm whether they are still open for business.

we used a wash, iron and fold service that was very reasonable. they charge by the pound and did a very good job. it was the cheapest laundry that we did over our 3 week trip in the DR.

they are located beside the MAXX car wash on the main highway towards Cabarete, just on the way out of Sosua on your right. there is a little strip mall beside the car wash with a few shops. the laundry is there. the carwash is fairly easy to spot...very hi-tech and attractive...lots of green (i think).

the ladies will have your laundry done for the next day. however, they do have power outages and that made our laundry a day late. give yourself an extra day's grace to get the laundry done.

It was open yesterday.