WIFI Hotspots in the DR?

rafael

Bronze
Jan 2, 2002
www.dr-tourist.tv
I want to compile a list of open hotspots in the DR for WIFI connection. I know of a few in Santo Domingo but would love to know if there are any more around the DR? Did Marco ever put one in at Rocky's etc. I am afanatic when it comes to staying connected etc. Now that I am no longer renting an apartment in santo domingo and can not have flash access, I rely on WIFI access points and using the crappy computers and slow connect speeds at internet cafes just won't cut it.

If anybody knows of any hotspots or places that would be good candidates for hotspots. . . .let me know!

Lechero

Aug 11, 2004
Why don't you wire all of Sosua Beach!
I am sure you could recoup part of the cost by renting laptops.

rafael

Bronze
Jan 2, 2002
www.dr-tourist.tv
Dolores said:
Believe WIFI hotspots in Santo Domingo are:

Acropolis Mall, PUCMM university, and INTEC university.

Thanks! I already had those listed, and have used the one in the Acropilis personally. Pretty cool to be sucking down a Presidente at Friday's while using a laptop to check email. I prefer it over using an internet cafe.

In santo domingo there is also a WIFI hotspot at the juragua. Not sure if it is meant to be "public" or they just didn't think anyone. . . . .meaning me, would use it!

Marco from Rocky's in sosua has informed me that they have free wifi access for Rocky's customers so that gives me a second reason to head to Rocky's, after the ribs!

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Hotel Santo Domingo lobby, when I was there about a year ago, but I would guess that by now that is standard in most large hotels.

Yesterday, I saw that they have it in a hair salon, of all places: Bella Vista Mall, 3rd floor 'Make Up Center'.

downsouth

Feb 4, 2006
Melia and Courtyard Marriot both have unsecured wireless, Juragua now requires a password for access. Courtyard even has desktops setup in the lobby to use.

Formosano2000

Mar 5, 2003
SDQ Airport

There is free wireless if you sit on the bench across from the entrace to Admiral's Club in SDQ. Tried twice already and it worked like a charm.