Children At Jack Tar?????

drtampa

Bronze
Oct 1, 2004
New Ulm, TX
We have spent Christmas at Jack Tar Village for the past four years and we are booked again this year. I have seen a post on another board which said that Jack Tar is to allow children effective November 1st. Can someone confirm this?
The beauty of Jack Tar has been the lack of children screaming. The hotel is certainly not a modern facility compared to others but it's attentive staff and the absence of children more than make up for it.

Oche

Jan 6, 2004
It will never be the same hotel...

I really wouldn't be surprised if it happens in the near future. These are the kind of decisions that any Spaniard or Dominican from Occidental Resorts would suggest or recommend if there was unbearable need or pressure from an upper chain of command to increase occupancy level throughout the year. I have visited Jack Tar Village for 10 years and these rumors are a major turn off. I don't feel like ever considering going back to JTV, because i can't picture the setting and ambience of this hotel with lots of kids running around. This hotel has been modified over and over along the years with the objective of creating a laidback atmosphere. I bet most of its excellent staff will surely have a hard time adapting to the family setting regardless of being themselves replaced with a new staff or relocated to another hotel because they are used to work among adults. Any other Playa Dorada hotel will do for me. It will never be the same hotel again. I guess that the rest of the hotel recurring visitors will not feel like ever staying there again as well.

cork

Aug 23, 2003
Jack Tar Village

drtampa said:
We have spent Christmas at Jack Tar Village for the past four years and we are booked again this year. I have seen a post on another board which said that Jack Tar is to allow children effective November 1st. Can someone confirm this?
The beauty of Jack Tar has been the lack of children screaming. The hotel is certainly not a modern facility compared to others but it's attentive staff and the absence of children more than make up for it.

SkyAuction and other wholesalers are advertising JTV as "family" now. All Occidental resorts are now for families.

cork

Ren

Mar 2, 2004
The rumors are correct, JTV will become a family resort allowing children effective Nov 04!!