Problems calling the DR??

beckyred11

Jul 9, 2002
Hello Again DR1!

I was just wondering if anyone else is having HUGE problems calling the DR from Southern Ontario. It seems every time I dial the phone "all circuits are busy", or I get a speedy busy signal or a funny pulse sound. I actually get through about once in 50 tries! It is beginning to frustrate me! Anyway, if anyone knows what the problem is, or how long until it is fixed please let me know and I will wait awhile before I chuck my telephone out the door! Muchas gracias!

MrNiceGuy

Sep 12, 2004
Telephone problems

You are not alone. I finally got through after many days and many trys only to be cut off after 10 minutes and have not been able to get back on.

Just keep trying i guess...

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
Hey Beckyred.......Nice to see you back!

Are you going back to teach this year or have you returned to Canada to further your career?
I too have been having mega problems trying to reach the DR.
Is this still a hangover from Hurricane Jeane????

Shelley

Oct 16, 2004
can't call from Canada's West Coast either!

I've been trying to call from Vancouver, BC, Canada for the past several days without any luck at all. I get the same messages and tones you get. I've pretty much given up on trying to get through. I called Telus and Rogers but they both said the problem is on the DR end. I hope it's fix soon!!

PS>>Does anyone know if they're able to call up to Canada? Or are they having troubles calling out too?

purplebunniern

May 13, 2004
Ive been trying to get a hold of friends of mine in Puerto plata and cant seem to get through to their cell phones either. I also live in southern ontario.
Ive been trying though mostly in early evening 5 to 6 pm.

lilsam

Santo Domingo Sammy
Jan 2, 2002
Calls cut due to Florida Storms

A lot of problems with phone ciricuts going to Caribean and South America
were affected by storms as many calls are routed thru Jacksonville trans atlantic cable and not Satelite also Dr has added new exchanges like 288 and new area code which has not been updated in all companys databases yet Just fyi

hooptie2

Feb 9, 2004
Problems calling from the states too

purplebunniern said:
Ive been trying to get a hold of friends of mine in Puerto plata and cant seem to get through to their cell phones either. I also live in southern ontario.
Ive been trying though mostly in early evening 5 to 6 pm.

Greetings all!
Had a terrible time calling Puerto Plata from Buffalo, NY all week long. Could not get through. Finally got through yesterday afternoon and did not get cut off. Friends there said they were having trouble calling within the area also. judi

baileyboy

Jun 27, 2004
I guess people eho deal with Orange, are having major problems getting a connection. Something to do with them working on towers?!

It's hard to get a call into the DR, but also people calling WITHIN the DR is hard to getg a signal and connection! Hope it gets fixed fast! Very fruserating!

Shelley

Oct 16, 2004
try off hours

Thanks for the info on the Florida routing and also the Orange tower problems.

Also, after days of trying with no luck, on a whim I tried calling really late last night (1-2am DR time) and had absolutely no trouble at all. Maybe coincidence but maybe, when the lines aren't so busy with people trying to call in/out, it's easier to get through. Worth a try if you really need to contact someone. Good luck!