Cold Beer

CJnDR

Oct 17, 2004
I recently returned from a trip to the DR and was told of Dominican slang for ordering an ice cold beer, but I forgot it. Can anyone tell me what it is? Thanks.

Ricardo900

Silver
Jul 12, 2004
CJnDR said:
I recently returned from a trip to the DR and was told of Dominican slang for ordering an ice cold beer, but I forgot it. Can anyone tell me what it is? Thanks.

peque?a fria

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
Nowadays its hey toss me a cold five US dollar beer that was 80 cents less than a year ago. Oh yeah make sure it's cold.

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
CJnDR said:
"Ceniza" = Freezing cold.

Nelly

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
CJnDR said:

buen fria

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
It's " Una Bien Fria"!

An even more "Dominicanism" is to ask for your beer "Con Vestido de Novia"."In a wedding dress".That is when the beer is served in the "Ice Cold" bottle,and "white frost" (looking like a wedding dress) forms on the bottle!!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

sweetdbt

Bronze
Sep 17, 2004
Criss Colon said:
An even more "Dominicanism" is to ask for your beer "Con Vestido de Novia"."In a wedding dress".That is when the beer is served in the "Ice Cold" bottle,and "white frost" (looking like a wedding dress) forms on the bottle!!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

I like that one. Buen fria is what I've always heard before.

Lechero

Aug 11, 2004
A cold Presidente is like a religious experience!
I have seen Dominicans lose their mind upon being served a beer warmer than 40 degrees F!

carlos

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 29, 2002
Lechero said:
A cold Presidente is like a religious experience!
I have seen Dominicans lose their mind upon being served a beer warmer than 40 degrees F!

funny

" una fria " is about right

Amber

Jan 24, 2003
nope

the actual new phrase is "dame una bonita"
It comes from the newest Presidente commercial: La mas bonita
:bandit:

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
If You Are "English",or Just Like Warm Beer,You Can Drink Here For free!!!

Just walk into any "Colmado" and finish off all the warm,half consumed "Presidentes" on the counter!!! A Dominican will NEVER finish a "warm" beer!!!You see lots of signs that just advertise "Bien Fria" on the side of the building.
I love the 7 oz. bottles.Two "swigs" and its gone!!And don't forget to add the "Clamato" for a truly "Religious Experience"! CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Malibook

Bronze
Jan 23, 2002
www.yourtraveltickets.com
How do you say I want a cerveza frio not a popcicle!

I've never had a problem getting cerveza that was not cold enough.

I did have a problem getting a large Presidente in Sosua that was half slush.
They expected me to wait for it to melt but I insisted that they get me another one and they did not try to charge me for the frozen one.

The chica I was with didn't seem to think it was a problem at all.

CyaBye3015

Bronze
Jan 8, 2003
Malibook said:
I've never had a problem getting cerveza that was not cold enough.

I did have a problem getting a large Presidente in Sosua that was half slush.
They expected me to wait for it to melt but I insisted that they get me another one and they did not try to charge me for the frozen one.

The chica I was with didn't seem to think it was a problem at all.

Oh Please, as if anything is the DR takes very long to melt!!! If you live in Minnesota like I do, it can take 6 months, but in the DR???

Lechero

Aug 11, 2004
Beer Temp

It is almost as insulting to get a frozen Presidente that foams over, as it is to get a warm one. I do enjoy watching the barmaids rub the bottle to warm it!

Last edited:

Malibook

Bronze
Jan 23, 2002
www.yourtraveltickets.com
CyaBye3015 said:
Oh Please, as if anything is the DR takes very long to melt!!! If you live in Minnesota like I do, it can take 6 months, but in the DR???

This beer would have taken quite some time to melt especially considering how thirsty I was.

Besides, beer that is frozen and then thawed out does not taste good.

I consider it pretty bad that they would give a customer a beer that is half slush.
They replaced the beer and the food was excellent so I was quite happy with this place.

RandyE

Feb 4, 2002
Lechero said:
It is almost as insulting to get a frozen Presidente that foams over, as it is to get a warm one. I do enjoy watching the barmaids rub the bottle to warm it!
TRUE!!! The Dominicans I've drunk (yes "drunk") with will always send a "slushie" back- no ta bien.