Travel Agency business regulatory

kostya

Oct 18, 2004
Hello,
I?m going to start my travel agency that will receive tourists from my citizenship country and serve those transfers, excursions, etc.

I know how to register the company (I?m looking for establishing a S.A. company), but I want to know following questions:

1. Is there a government license required to start a travel agency? If yes, then how much does it cost in terms of money and time?

2. Is there a minimal capital requirement for travel agency?

3. Is there a special requirement for tourists transport (a bus or minivan registration, insurance, etc.)?

Thank everybody in advance for any helpful response.

stormer

Apr 27, 2004
kostya said:
Hello,
I?m going to start my travel agency that will receive tourists from my citizenship country and serve those transfers, excursions, etc.

I know how to register the company (I?m looking for establishing a S.A. company), but I want to know following questions:

1. Is there a government license required to start a travel agency? If yes, then how much does it cost in terms of money and time?

2. Is there a minimal capital requirement for travel agency?

3. Is there a special requirement for tourists transport (a bus or minivan registration, insurance, etc.)?

Thank everybody in advance for any helpful response.

Where are you from?? Are you looking for any agents?? ;)

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
???

HOw on earth can you decide to start a company here of that type without knowing the answers to these questions first????

ARe you for real?

FIrst do the research! Second ask questions for which YOU can't find the answers. Third - make a decision to go into this type of business after carefully looking at the requirements.

It is no wonder most businesses don't succeed!

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
Actually Rattus_Rattus I do not need to "grow up". I have written dozens of business plans and was a highly paid consultant to small business owners! As a professional, if someone came with this little preparation, made a statement of this kind and asked these questions, my response would have been exactly the same!

This person needs to see the reality of his situation and questions. And my response was an in your face response because that is usually how to get the message through.
He got exactly the response that would be the most helpful.

You don't like it don't read it!

stormer

Apr 27, 2004
true....but

planner said:
HOw on earth can you decide to start a company here of that type without knowing the answers to these questions first????

ARe you for real?

FIrst do the research! Second ask questions for which YOU can't find the answers. Third - make a decision to go into this type of business after carefully looking at the requirements.

This is true, but maybe they really don't know anyone else.......

sweetdbt

Bronze
Sep 17, 2004
Cart before the horse?

planner said:

ARe you for real?

planner,

With all due respect, it seems to me that DR1 is a logical place for someone like the OP to get some general suggestions as to the feasability of his idea. Those suggestions might include pointing him toward resources where he can do further research. If nobody knows, or wants to take the time to reply, he's no worse off.

To suggest that he should do extensive research first, when he may not know where to look to do it, and then come back to this forum to "fine tune" his plan, would appear to be putting the.....(see post heading). This is the kind of question that is asked and answered here all the time.

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
Point taken but I don't necessarily agree...

I understand what each of you are saying but I disagree. Unfortunately some people want to be spoon fed. IF I do the answering of these quesitons I might just open the damn business myself LOL....

In order to make the decision to go into this type of business, or any other, you need to find out yourself some of these answers. We aren't talking things that you can't find out easily. We are talking about the basics here! The foundation on which you would make a decisions not fine tune it. Go find out, it is readily available.

Sounds to me like someone is fishing for information thinking it will be easy to just take that and walk in and open a business. It isn't that easy here or anywhere else most likely. They should not expect someone else to do all the work.

My 2 pesos worth....

lambert

Oct 26, 2004
Travel agents,

If you happen to need a travel agent, I am looking for a life style change & I fell the DR is the right place. I have almost 6 years of experience on my side.

Fabio J. Guzman

DR1 Expert
Jan 1, 2002
www.drlawyer.com
Yes, you do need a license. Travel agencies are authorized and regulated by the Ministry of Tourism where you can obtain a list of requirements. Time and expenses involved depend on so many factors that I hesitate even to give you a ballpark figure.