Thomas Cook Airlines - Premium cabin Upgrade

UKJERRY

Sep 6, 2004
Has anyone flown with Thomas Cook airlines and paid the extra to upgrade to Premium Cabin? If so, what was it like? Was it worth the upgrade etc etc?

Thanks....

Jerry ;)

Dec 9, 2002
You have to remember

it is still a charter flight, so don't expect first class. Having said that, I always fly JMC/Thos Cook and whenever I can I upgrade. At ?200 return there or thereabouts it is expensive, but for a long haul flight I think it's worth it. The seats are wider, you have quite a bit more legroom, seats are leather and quite comfortable, food is the same, entertainment/TV is the same, drinks are free and you get a "goodie bag" (same goodie bag coming home as you got on the way out though - never been able to understand the reasoning on that one). There are 50 seats or so in the premium cabin, so it's generally quieter - not usually any rowdy kids!

These seats do get booked up quite early, you are unlikely to get them last minute. That said, last time I travelled I got lucky on the return journey, and only had to pay an extra ?20 - bargain!

Figman

Aug 3, 2003
Uk Flights with charters

Hi I'm looking to fly back to the UK in December (around the 9th returing around the 27th) and want to fly direct with a charter but do not know where to find out about the flights etc. Can you help? Also what would be the price? IBERIA are quoting 33,000 pesos, with of course the stop over in Madrid.

UKJERRY

Sep 6, 2004
To upgrade or not upgarde.........!

Thanks everyone, I feel much happier ;) now having spent ?450 for my wife and me to upgarde to the Premium Cabin, leaving our (grown-up) kids in 'cattle class' !!! :nervous:

Steve Allen

Mar 29, 2004
UKJERRY said:
Has anyone flown with Thomas Cook airlines and paid the extra to upgrade to Premium Cabin? If so, what was it like? Was it worth the upgrade etc etc?

Thanks....

Jerry ;)

yes it was even better is Mytravel.I only go that way now.

cassieb

Oct 20, 2004
Excel Airlines have first class as well as premium. I treated myself when I came over here to live and it was wonderful. They are part of the Thomas Cook goup. It's not British Airways standard but it's well worth the extra.