Dominican Residency Renewal

KateP

Silver
May 28, 2004
Thought this updated information might be usefully for people going through their Dominican residency process. I just finished depositing my documents requesting the definitive residency, last year I had received my provisional residency. Since I didn't pay any lawyer to do this, I though the info might be welcome.

Documents necessary are:

- Declaration from 2 witnesses confirming that my conducts is correct according to the legal and moral norms in the country. Signed and sealed by a public notary and then legalized in the Procuraduria General. Cost for letter RD$1000, cost for legalizing RD$100 (paid RD$300 for this since someone went for me), plus 3 copies.

- Letter from a Dominican or legal resident making himself responsible for my moral and economic conditions. Same process and cost as above, plus 3 copies.

- Good conduct certificate from the Policia Nacional. Paid a military officer RD$300. 3 copies. Note: is only valid for 1 month

- Original residency card plus 3 copies.

- Six 2x2 pictures, 4 facing and 2 sideways.

- Medical Exams, cost RD$1800

- Residency form completed, RD$20, plus 4 copies

- RD$500 deposit plus any taxes if your residency has expired, paid RD$950

- Copy of cedulas of the witnesses and guarantor

- Copy of the solicitor's complete passport (which was returned to me...)

And that's it. I sent a messenger early this morning to deposit the documents and he paid the girl RD$200 so he wouldn't have to wait too much. In all, the whole process cost me about RD$6500 (including bribes) which I find really reasonable when I think of the hundreds of dollars lawyers are charging... If anyone needs any extra info, feel free to PM me.

da_rottweiler

Jan 4, 2002
ezinfocenter.com
DR Residency

KateP said:
Thought this updated information might be usefully for people going through their Dominican residency process. I just finished depositing my documents requesting the definitive residency, last year I had received my provisional residency. Since I didn't pay any lawyer to do this, I though the info might be welcome.

Documents necessary are:

- Declaration from 2 witnesses confirming that my conducts is correct according to the legal and moral norms in the country. Signed and sealed by a public notary and then legalized in the Procuraduria General. Cost for letter RD$1000, cost for legalizing RD$100 (paid RD$300 for this since someone went for me), plus 3 copies.

- Letter from a Dominican or legal resident making himself responsible for my moral and economic conditions. Same process and cost as above, plus 3 copies.

- Good conduct certificate from the Policia Nacional. Paid a military officer RD$300. 3 copies. Note: is only valid for 1 month

- Original residency card plus 3 copies.

- Six 2x2 pictures, 4 facing and 2 sideways.

- Medical Exams, cost RD$1800

- Residency form completed, RD$20, plus 4 copies

- RD$500 deposit plus any taxes if your residency has expired, paid RD$950

- Copy of cedulas of the witnesses and guarantor

- Copy of the solicitor's complete passport (which was returned to me...)

And that's it. I sent a messenger early this morning to deposit the documents and he paid the girl RD$200 so he wouldn't have to wait too much. In all, the whole process cost me about RD$6500 (including bribes) which I find really reasonable when I think of the hundreds of dollars lawyers are charging... If anyone needs any extra info, feel free to PM me.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
It took me for the 1st time 3 weeks from turning up with my papers,medical exam & X-Ray (RD$1,500), photocopy of the Migration receipt (RD$10) to get my Provisional Residency & Cedula - cost was RD$15,000:00 - this is all I had to produce - the rest was done by my contact inside the Immigration
Photocopy of passport x 2 / Letter from Employer / Garantor - 2 copies / Original Birth certificate x 3 / Entry Visa (Green) copy front-back x 3. When I went back after 3 weeks to get my Residency,I arrived at 8am sharp, and was gone by 9:45am - complete with Cedula & Residency !!!
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Next year for my Permenant residency it will cost RD$2,000 & no more ! maximum waiting time will be 2hrs or less