Deportees's, interesting piece.

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
I completely agree with Nina Siulc and the sociologist when they say that deportees are just being used as scapegoats, because they represent an easy target to point fingers to. If you want to see who's really committing the majority of the crimes in The DR look no further than your nearest police department. Even in the article they mention that deportees in jail are outnumbered by incarcerated former police officers. Imagine how many other "police officers" are not caught...

Rick Snyder

Silver
Nov 19, 2003
Who is right?

Quote by suarezn-
I completely agree with Nina Siulc and the sociologist when they say that deportees are just being used as scapegoats, because they represent an easy target to point fingers to. If you want to see who's really committing the majority of the crimes in The DR look no further than your nearest police department. Even in the article they mention that deportees in jail are outnumbered by incarcerated former police officers. Imagine how many other "police officers" are not caught...

Quote by thje DR AG-
"Many of the deportees arrive with skills not common in the Dominican Republic," Mr. Brito said, speaking in Spanish from his spacious office with views of the Caribbean Sea. "Those cases where there has been a planned kidnapping - many have been a deportee. Robberies, assaults with high levels of sophistication have also been deportees."

Quote by attorney Luis Mercedes-
"Because delinquency has grown they think it's because of the deportees," Mercedes said. "But it's not true. Not in all cases."

Is it possible that some deportees, some police and maybe some PPH has something to do with the increase in crime in this country? :eek: :eek:

Ricardo900

Silver
Jul 12, 2004
Big problem

I've read about the damage and havoc deportes have raised in places like jamaica. When a deporte causes a crime in the US, he serves, then the US kicks him out! Dumping the trash! One of the problems is that ex-convicts are not or rarely habilitated in prison, they just get worse. So the DR will definitely see an increase in crime because the US is not deporting college grads. Also, there is little opportunity for a lazy ex-con who didn't want to work for a living anyway.

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
This is exactly one of the four points The Great Curmudgeon (Hillbilly) was making in his response re "the rate of crime is not decreasing". The number of deportees from the US (some have never BEEN to the DR before but are considered Dominican by birth) IS having an affect on the increase in crime here.

The other 3 points he raised were
3,000 convicted criminals released early by the previous President,
Politically motivated unrest
the lowering of the family income causing the poorer Dominican families to have to tirn to crime. These latter two are less troublesome than the first two!! ~ Grahame.

gringosabroso

Oct 16, 2004
Lose Dominican Citizenship?? Food for Thought ! !

Suppose the DR Gov't were to adopt a law, prospective only, in essence as follows: any Dominican residing legally in the USA who is deported for violations of U S laws would thereby lose his Dominican citizenship & simultaneously be granted Haitian citizenship. Haiti, of course, would have to be paid for granting Haitian citizenship to amateur or professional criminals. How much $? Subject to negotiation. I'll wager Haiti wouldn't want much - payable in US $, of course. If every DR living in the USA legally knew that deportation would mean Haitian citizenship, I suspect that there would be a huge positive incentive for Dominicans not to violate American laws.
Food for thought: 1. Does the DR need or want these people.
2. Would any Haitians notice the existence of 5,000 - 10,000 Domnican gangsters competing with the Haitian thugs? I suspect a high homocide rate? Would that be bad for the DR? For Haiti?
3. The carrot or the stick! The 2 most effective means of regulating human conduct!! 1 American's opinion - that of a former attorney & prosecutor.​

gringosabroso

Oct 16, 2004
Lose Dominican Citizenship?? Food for Thought ! !

Suppose the DR Gov't were to adopt a law, prospective only, in essence as follows: any Dominican residing legally in the USA who is deported for violations of U S laws would thereby lose his Dominican citizenship & simultaneously be granted Haitian citizenship. Haiti, of course, would have to be paid for granting Haitian citizenship to amateur or professional criminals. How much $? Subject to negotiation. I'll wager Haiti wouldn't want much - payable in US $, of course. If every DR living in the USA legally knew that deportation would mean Haitian citizenship, I suspect that there would be a huge positive incentive for Dominicans not to violate American laws.
Food for thought:
1. Does the DR need or want these people.
2. Would any Haitians notice the existence of 5,000 - 10,000 Domnican gangsters competing with the Haitian thugs? I suspect a high homocide rate? Would that be bad for the DR? For Haiti?
3. The carrot or the stick! The 2 most effective means of regulating human conduct!! 1 American's opinion - that of a former attorney & prosecutor.​

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
GringoSabroso: Don't take this personally, but I think your post will take first place for most "out there" post ever...Dude what are you smoking?

Mirador

On Permanent Vacation!
Apr 15, 2004
I only had a couple of Bloody Marys today, but what gringosabroso proposes makes complete sense to me.

Mirador

santodocam

Feb 11, 2004
gringosabroso said:
Food for thought:
1. Does the DR need or want these people.

Let's all pitch in and buy the farm that grows the stuff he's smoking.