Heads up: AMET traffic police all over santiago

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
Amet (traffic police) is seen in large number all over santiago for the past few days. They are handing out tickets to anyone who doesn't have seatbelt on, talking on cell phone or parked illegally (in this case, car gets towed). If you plan on coming to santiago, better buckle up and don't use cell phone while driving. I was stopped yesterday talking on the cell phone, lucky for me , I know AMET police personally. I was let go with a hand shake, many of you folks will get a ticket.
Good luck.
AZB

Danny W

Bronze
Mar 1, 2003
Good. Enforcing traffic laws like a real civilized society is a step in the right direction. - D

juancarlos

Bronze
Sep 28, 2003
Danny W said:
Good. Enforcing traffic laws like a real civilized society is a step in the right direction. - D

Good news, in my opinion. Hopefully, there will be less accidents if people obey and are not distracted by cell phone conversation. Good for the seat belts as well.

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
juancarlos said:
Good news, in my opinion. Hopefully, there will be less accidents if people obey and are not distracted by cell phone conversation. Good for the seat belts as well.
yeah some law, you can't talk on cell phone and drive a car, but you can drink from a bottle of brugal and drive, no ticket there. Hahahaha, what a country.
AZB

Danny W

Bronze
Mar 1, 2003
AZB said:
yeah some law, you can't talk on cell phone and drive a car, but you can drink from a bottle of brugal and drive, no ticket there. Hahahaha, what a country.
AZB

Is that true? - D

Jerry K

Jan 1, 2002
Driving drunk

Yes it's true, you'll get a ticket (500 pesos) for no seatbelt but not for nursing a grande.
Somewhere in the Dominican rules of the road it says don't drink and drive.
Reason: You might hit a bump and spill some...................

sweetdbt

Bronze
Sep 17, 2004
Jerry K said:
Yes it's true, you'll get a ticket (500 pesos) for no seatbelt but not for nursing a grande.
Somewhere in the Dominican rules of the road it says don't drink and drive.
Reason: You might hit a bump and spill some...................

I'll never forget the first time I saw a motoconchista with a plastic cup of Presidente in one hand and 2 muchachas riding behind him. They didn't seem a bit concerned, and he didn't spill a drop!