moto wanted

edh1vail

Aug 23, 2004
Just moved to Cabarete and need to know the best place to purchase a used moto. I'd perfer a scooter or a 125cc enduro. I want to spend no more than $700. Is that reasonable? Any info would be helpful.Cheers.

Simon & Nicky

Bronze
Feb 3, 2004
www.simon-hall.co.uk
Try the shop in Gasper Hernandez

A friend bought a brand new BM 125 (looks like a copy of a Japanese bike - maybe someone knows more) which had such delightful extra's as indicators, headlights, brakelights etc. for US$800. Why don't you go for one of those and save yourself a lot of trouble? - Exchange rate may have altered this price slightly, but again I'm not sure.

Simon

edh1vail

Aug 23, 2004
thanks

Simon & Nicky said:
A friend bought a brand new BM 125 (looks like a copy of a Japanese bike - maybe someone knows more) which had such delightful extra's as indicators, headlights, brakelights etc. for US$800. Why don't you go for one of those and save yourself a lot of trouble? - Exchange rate may have altered this price slightly, but again I'm not sure.

Simon

The place your friend bought the bike is near Cabarete? If not, I have friends that can get me there. Thanks

Werner

Feb 19, 2004
Need a pasola as well!

Any body knows a name on the company there?

Some posts on scooters also have the company Talleres Mayra mentioned but these post are in the 2001 archive. Any body has some updated info on this dealer? Need to know were it is located. Any other dealer on the northcoast thats interesting to check?

stallion

Mr. Main Event
May 28, 2004
Werner said:
Any body knows a name on the company there?

Some posts on scooters also have the company Talleres Mayra mentioned but these post are in the 2001 archive. Any body has some updated info on this dealer? Need to know were it is located. Any other dealer on the northcoast thats interesting to check?

Just ask around and look around. I went to a auto parts shop once in puerto plata to buy a scooter. I got a used Yamaha scooter for $375 us. It was in good condition and had warranty.