Dominican Baseball

El Maestro 23

Sep 23, 2004
Hi i need some help with the dominican baseball sites for the winter league that just started in DR. I have the links to websites for the 3 major teams in DR baseball (Licey, escogido and aguilas) but i need the links for the remaining 3 ( TOROS DEL ESTE, ESTRELLAS ORIENTALES and POTROS DEL CIBAO o gigantes del cibao).

If anyone has this info i would thank you deeply.

PS: Also does anyone know where can i find LIVE broadcasts on the internet for those baseball games. I know ESCOGIDO had it about 4 years ago but now their page only says "Coming soon" (For the past 4 years, LOL).

EM23 :bandit:

El Maestro 23

Sep 23, 2004
Two

OK, i have found 2 of them already. I am only missing the one for the AZUCAREROS DEL ESTE o TOROS DEL ESTE the team from LA ROMANA. I found one the SAN PEDRO DE MACORIZ team but is not very good "estrellasorientales.com" if anyone can find a different one please let me know. Thank you.

Last edited:

El Maestro 23

Sep 23, 2004
El Maestro 23 said:
OK, i have found 2 of them already. I am only missing the one for the AZUCAREROS DEL ESTE o TOROS DEL ESTE the team from LA ROMANA. I found one the SAN PEDRO DE MACORIZ team but is not very good "estrellasorientales.com" if anyone can find a different one please let me know. Thank you.

I found all the info i needed. Thank you all.

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
US major leagues?

Can you tell me if any of the US major leagues will be playing exhibition games here during the winter? I had heard that they do come down here. I did have the great pleasure of seeing Licey play while I was in the capital. And, please, not to say that US baseball is not DOMINCAN baseball for you are LAS ESTRELLAS MEJORs ---- but I have only once seen a US major league game, tickets are very expensive and hard to find. I think it would be a grand way to see this county, to travel about seeing the games. Perhaps you could direct me a little? I am up in Las Terrenas, in the Samana Penisula but would love to see the country.

THanks -

Elizabeth

Cleef

Bronze
Feb 24, 2002
No ML Teams, only players in the winter.

mountainannie said:
Can you tell me if any of the US major leagues will be playing exhibition games here during the winter? I had heard that they do come down here. I did have the great pleasure of seeing Licey play while I was in the capital. And, please, not to say that US baseball is not DOMINCAN baseball for you are LAS ESTRELLAS MEJORs ---- but I have only once seen a US major league game, tickets are very expensive and hard to find. I think it would be a grand way to see this county, to travel about seeing the games. Perhaps you could direct me a little? I am up in Las Terrenas, in the Samana Penisula but would love to see the country.THanks -Elizabeth
There will be no Major League teams playing in the winter in the DR. There will be many ML players in the winter league games, spread over the 6 teams.

There has been reliable discussion about bringing some ML teams to S.D. for a handful of exhibition games, but that won't be until March of '05.

In Las Terranas, you couldn't be much farther from the action, so yes, you will be "traveling about" to catch games.