4X4 pickup

D

Dan

I'm moving back to the DR at the end of October and I'm looking for a specific pickup. I would like to buy a 4 wheel drive, 4 door pickup. I would just like to have an idea how much I would need to spend to buy a used one that is in good condition. Preferably under 5 years old. If anyone has any info on this please let me know. I would like to know aproximately how much I will need to bring down with me.

Thanks, Dan

J

john FRANKLIN

Expect to pay +/- 210.000 pesos or a 1996 +/- 50.000 Km 4X4 NISSAN Pick-up from Santo Domingo Motors in Santo Domingo. They sell used cars from National Rent a car.

This is the cheapest I have found in Santo Domingo.

Autopista Duarte Km 6.5 Phone (809) 567-2661 ext 2281 Fax (809) 540-5759 Contact Candido ROSADO

Hope this helps.

John FRANKLIN

D

Dan

John,

Thanks for the info. A friend of mine actually knows the owner of Santo Domingo motors so I will get him to make the contact for me. I just wanted an idea of what the going price for those trucks is right now. It's been 6 years since I lived in the DR, and vehicle prices have gone down quite a bit since then.

Dan

A

Andy

Dan, Just saw your message, re: a 4x4. Contact Frank Castillo at Tony Pena Motors. Frank's cell is (809) 251-1900 or office/fax at 540-4498. Although they mostly handle Jeeps and SUV's, they deal a lot on consignment and/or will find what you want (and it will be in good condition). I just bought an older Jeep Cherokee from them and they busted their butts to make me happy. They speak English and Tony was/is active in Rotary. Tell Frank that I told you to call him (Andy in Las Galeras). You'll like the service. Andy