Sosua: 21 million dollar fraud

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Another fool and his money were soon parted

I wish I had part of all that money... but, hey, I don't know how to double deal.. My God! What a fool....

HB :):)

Lechero

Aug 11, 2004
Translation of above referenced article

Text interview carried out by the channel 10 with the Italian Arming Casciati: mister Arming Casciati, which is the situation by the which real one of the east case that has come to expose before the public opinion. -Casciati: the case is the project Sos?a Bay, that was stopped since four months ago, but for me was attraction the place where was being built and grief gave me to see all stopped, that is to say, the construction. It paralyzed by bankruptcy? Casciati: Totally paralyzed for lack of resource, was then when I knew to one of the owners of the project, because just then the project had as the associate to Amnhsa Marine that had also the contract of operator. It was then when they presented us that with a pair of million dollars more, the project would be able to complete and would operate through Amnhsa Marine. Therefore, Luigi Natella and I we contribute 900 thousand dollars each one and we enter the company. This it was the initial investment, al final the history continue, because the two million dollars were not sufficient, the problems with a neighboring owner of the earthly one arose al side of the project that had a conflict that l0 lasted years, that according to she is indicated had earned, but we and the other associates we ignored the case.V?squez: but ?Ian had knowledge? Casciati: of course because the had l0 yearsit lost, for which was necessary to buy the lands, being I he unique that had the necessary resources I decided, but tamb?en I saw that the company had loans of four million dollars with the banks, with highest interests, for which I offered to do him the loans I to the company opening a debt with American banks to interest of 5% percent, while here was being paid toA l3%. So I did the loan to the company. Also we had to pay to Amnhsa Marine so that you left of the project, because we understood that was better for us we would administer him directly. Thus the quantity contributed in principle, he rose to some 6 million dollars. What numero is the one that has the company, that is to say, inside the shareholders, which is his place?
Casciati: Good we have to explain of what way this distributed. We have a group of companies, A financier that is called Bell Tower, where all the flowed money or contribute that they were done to that project. Bell Tower is an owner from the 99.9% of the company Sos?a Oceanfront, that is the company that built the hotels and that is operand Sos?a Bay, Victorian Housey what was Star of the Sea in Cabarete. In the Bell Tower, that is the financial company, went I have the 77 or 78% of the capital and of the actions, Luigi Natella, with a company that represents also, has a 8%, Schembri, around a 14%, the capital of the company at present is of 27 milllones 400 thousand dollars. Of which you have? Casciati: -more than 2l million dollars. Which they have the 2l or 22 that lack? Casciati: Luigi Natella is with me with a million ochociento thousand dollars, in the suit, the mister Schembri has some four million dollars, but with that quantity tried to despoil us of all the assets of the companies. You powers gave him or has powers to carry out those actions? Casciati: we did not give no power. To explain as the things are functioning we have to arrive al month of July of this year when was done an asambleade Sos?a Oceanfront, in which I was named president instead of Schembri? ?changed the counsel and because? Because in May of this year we study the situation of the hotels, and by third time in two years and a half, we find us in a situation of bankruptcy, therefore the capital rose a lot, we arrive at 27.4 million dollars. What was necessary to do the efforts so that entered fresh money immediately, or we could not continue working. I did an approach to the other associates: to place money again in the company, I he needed to have the control of the operations and of the expenses, doing a plan for avoid to waste money, thing that the other associates accepted. Therefore an assembly was done in which the board meeting changed, who was a president passed to be secretary, the secretary that was I he passed to be president. "That passed? Casciati: after the assembly an increase of capital of 8 million 500 thousand he was done more than dollars in Bell Tower. I needed more or less month and middle to obtain the necessary money, because I had to sell actions that had in the United States, Swiss, in France and I could locate the 3 million 500 thousand dollars in necessary cash, therefore the other 4 million 500 thousand dollars were the famous loans that I did in the 2002 that I canceled him as we lend and he carry him to actions of Bell Tower. As I finished to put the money in the company, an assembly was done of Sos?a Oceanfront, that was a monitoring of the same one in which I was elected president, since we had to know the bank balance of the company, that in two years yet he had not been prepared. We are speaking of the 2004? Casciati: That same year. To the assembly the mister appeared Schembri with a power of representation, of Bell Tower saying that with that power he represented the company, and I, that am the president of the company Bell Tower, and the sustainer of the 77% of its actions did not have the right to vote. I should I say, that in that assembly was a notary, of which later we will speak and the lawyer of the companies, who is fundamental in what happened, in which he is passing and what is going to pass therefore I want that his name be known: Sonya Uribe Dot. Just then I asked my lawyer what as is possible that a power can be stronger than the representative of the poderdante? The lawyer answered me that yes was possible and that Schembri had to be considered the representative of Bell Tower in the assembly. Who was the notary? Casciati: good was a notary of Sos?a whose name is Wilfredo Mart?nez that ultimately has been utilized for Schembri in all its minutes, and legalization of powers. The mister Mart?nez been present in the assembly of Sos?a Oceanfront of on the 20 and in the assembly of August 21 that was the monitoring of the assembly of the previous day, but did not emit any certifying of the two assemblies, perhaps for register not my statements and what really passed.
And what happened in the development of the assembly? I was not convinced of what told me the lawyer and I left the assembly to seek advice of another legal one, but the assembly continued and in the process of the same one changed the counsel of administrators, four figureheads were chosen to which Schembri gave the power to sell all the assets of the company with a payable price to twenty years, unsecured or mortgages of someType. It is interesting to know that the buyers are companies off-shore that the same Schembri had bought some months before. When begins to doubt, that the thing do not they walk well? Casciati: Was in July of the 2003, as much as tuvimmos a clash. The structure of the companies this composed one by several proprietary smaller companies each one of one or solarer by which was necessary to clarify the several realities before making final decisions. In several occasions I called the attention to the lawyer of the company, because did not walk anything well and went did not understand the reason of so many retrazos. You caused accompanied always of the lawyer of the company or sought advice with other lawyers? Caciasti: Unfortunately we do not seek external advice. When we enter the company Amnhsa Marine was an associate al 50% and we think the mister Natella and I that all was in order. You demanded al mister Ian, which was the relation, when exhige or demands its right? The it agreed that I to assume the title of president and the control of the operations, therefore was identified with the positions that I have, but accepted because needed that I placed the new money, because knew that was the only system to solve the situation of the company. In what time they did the legal actions? I should I say, that the complaints were placed some days after passing the situation, but nevertheless, nothing has failed still; we are expecting it. By the way, as here is spoken of wash, like they achieved or they obtained the room, a million dollars 2l quantity, is known that you have been or is being investigated. Caciasti: they have been Me investigating in several occasions, because had money in the Baninter, but me money comes from the sales of a company that had in Italy, of fast transportation of packages for more than 20 years and came be the largest one. I sold the company to a business of England, and the money that is received al arrived country by banking transfers, of Italy and U.S. where I have rooms and story with more than 10 years with banking accounts V?squez, But you knew of investigations that were done him. Casciati: yes clear, documents of the investigations arrived me that the members of the Interpol did me and FBI.
The results were positive? Casciati: Good I do not have anything in against, the results of the investigations were negatives. It is known of actions that did their associate in theirs damage after all the traffic of this situation? Casciati: from the first assembly from August 20 the Hotel Sos?a Bay, where the offices are found of Sos?a Oceanfront, they were filled of armed soldiers of the FAD and of the Navy of War. The locks of the doors of the offices were changed and maintained in poseci?n of Schembri. To monitoring of a press conference that was done in Holy Sunday they removed the soldiers of the FAD, but still according to me is evident, they continue in the armed military hotel of the Navy of War and armed civilians with the task to impede the access al hotel and to the offices of the mister Natella and to my, situation this that since the authorities are not pronounced, could beAlone with an action of force. What do there is currently as for the penal thing? Casciati: we Have placed a penal complaint by robbery, swindle, breach of trust, forgery of firms and something more, but alone the interrogations have been initiated last Tuesday and the next audience will be this Friday 22 of October.
V?squez: ?How arrived at the Dominican Republic, someone recommended him? Casciati: I solved a problem Silver to Sos?a, without knowing it. The first time that visited the Dominican Republic was some 22 years ago to Gray Tip. When I returned four years ago, seeking a place to live, I went to greet a friend to Montellano and I knew for the first time to Sos?a, I loved the bay, beautiful, and then I found a house in a tranquil place and a school for my daughter that then was 4 years old. I decided in three you gave to establish my family in this place. How feels now? Casciati: Therefore not so well. Besides the hotels I have an investment in Montecristi, a company of diapers, but we need more money so that the factory finish to buy the commodities to start, but I do not have liquidity for what be needed since all the last thing I have it placed in the hotels. It is possible to seek a mediation for an agreement? Casciati: did Not seek agreement, do not I trust in it, there is not possible agreement since I am sure that behind any agreement there is a possible swindle. V?squez: ?Has something more than adding to this interview? Caciasti: Not but we should touch something related to the doctor Wilfredo Mart?nez Castle, which recently was named Fiscalizador in Sos?a and that intervened in favor of Ian Schembri, when last October 7 Luigi Natella and I, majority shareholders of Bell Tower and Sos?a Oceanfront we enter to our offices to control documentations that were being hidden us, and the Fiscalizador ordered the National Police that us fueramosHotel leaving al minority associate in poseci?n of the same. V?squez: we Converse with a person that is a painter of the paintbrush, who has done several expositions of the arts, and that by saving an investment that was being done, thinking about Sos?a, because understands that is its second country, "Gift Arming, ?after you to know the situation that are carried out against you, which has been the following step, what has done with the purpose of recovering way the law, then ofThe done investment in the businesses.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Hillbilly said:
I wish I had part of all that money... but, hey, I don't know how to double deal.. My God! What a fool....

HB, maybe this should be a sticky. Required reading for all the posters who are full of enthusiasm about investing in a business in the DR and who shrug off the advice you usually give them about being very cautious.

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
Ken said:
HB, maybe this should be a sticky. Required reading for all the posters who are full of enthusiasm about investing in a business in the DR and who shrug off the advice you usually give them about being very cautious.
There are 3 types of investors in the DR. Those who have been screwed, those who are beeing screwed and those who will be. I don't know anyone that can honestly say they've never been had (One way or another).Most of the time it's a small insignificant amount but still they got it.

DominicanScotty

On Vacation!
Jun 12, 2004
Eddy said:
There are 3 types of investors in the DR. Those who have been screwed, those who are beeing screwed and those who will be. I don't know anyone that can honestly say they've never been had (One way or another).Most of the time it's a small insignificant amount but still they got it.

Eddy,

And I know you well my friend. If anyone that has been through the ringer it is you and your wife. I too must admit that I have been through H** as well and am still trying to revamp/reclaim some of my losses. You know Jose. The van that he has been running was never maintained. I tried to put it into service with a retired American driving it for Lou's clients at the Shark Bar. We have been booking clients for three weeks now (via Lou's website) only to find out that the van (red Toyota like yours) is a complete wreck. Jose never changed the oil, banged it up and fixed it with plastic body work. The roof leaks and the doors don't open. There is no way I can use this van for clients and am now out thousands of dollars. I am buying another van with another van being purchased in January. Now, I must contend with trying to unload this piece of junk on some poor soul (I truly regret). My Ford Explorer XLT was also screwed up during it's use and that too was a major loss. I don't need to get into the furniture store disaster now but that is another complete failure which I am attempting to move it to a better market area such as Santiago. My condos in Islabon and Puerto Chiquito? Forget about it.... live and learn!

PS You never responded to my e mail.... what's up?

Scotty

Kaizen68

Aug 25, 2004
mvp

Hillbilly said:

HB :):)
Definately wins the coveted idiota award...