Accomodation in Santo Domingo

Maritre

Oct 25, 2004
We are 4 girls going to DR in November, and I'm currently searching the net for some accomodation in Santo Domingo. Not an easy task if you're not looking for an all inclusive hotell. Can anyone recommend a nice place to stay? Not to expensive ($15-20 per person/night), preferably in Zona Colonial or close to the Malec?n.

rafael

Bronze
Jan 2, 2002
www.dr-tourist.tv
IN santo domingo on calle danae there are a few places. Calle danae is near the colonial zone and also close to the Malecon. You can walk to both in 5 minutes or so.

Hotel La Residence is at danae #62 and they can be reached at:

email willianaresidencia@yahoo.com the manager just got a laptop and is online quite a bit. Not exactly a whiz at computers though.

Phone number 809 238 5609

There is also Hotel 18 Danae and they can be rached at

809 238 5609

both of those places charge about 900 pesos per day. Longer stays can be negotiated for lower daily rates, but you may need to pay up front.

Do you girls speak spanish? If not, neither of these places have staff that speak english. You can email me at rafael@dr-tourist.tv and I can email them or call them if you need help making reservations etc.

The rooms and hotels are basic, and nothing fancy. They are clean and OK, espacially for the low price.

Also on Danae is Hotel Gran Mansion. I have never stayed there but it is a few doors down from 18 danae. There is also Mona Lisa where the rooms are reportedly very nice but you would be staying above a "massage parlor.

Maritre said:
We are 4 girls going to DR in November, and I'm currently searching the net for some accomodation in Santo Domingo. Not an easy task if you're not looking for an all inclusive hotell. Can anyone recommend a nice place to stay? Not to expensive ($15-20 per person/night), preferably in Zona Colonial or close to the Malec?n.

bienamor

Kansas redneck an proud of it
Apr 23, 2004
another idea

rafael said:
IN santo domingo on calle danae there are a few places. Calle danae is near the colonial zone and also close to the Malecon. You can walk to both in 5 minutes or so.

Hotel La Residence is at danae #62 and they can be reached at:

email willianaresidencia@yahoo.com the manager just got a laptop and is online quite a bit. Not exactly a whiz at computers though.

Phone number 809 238 5609

There is also Hotel 18 Danae and they can be rached at

809 238 5609

both of those places charge about 900 pesos per day. Longer stays can be negotiated for lower daily rates, but you may need to pay up front.

Do you girls speak spanish? If not, neither of these places have staff that speak english. You can email me at rafael@dr-tourist.tv and I can email them or call them if you need help making reservations etc.

The rooms and hotels are basic, and nothing fancy. They are clean and OK, espacially for the low price.

Also on Danae is Hotel Gran Mansion. I have never stayed there but it is a few doors down from 18 danae. There is also Mona Lisa where the rooms are reportedly very nice but you would be staying above a "massage parlor.

Cafeteria Venus Bar has rooms with air,tv,etc, for about 25 a night.
owner is swiss, speaks spanish, english, french, german can be contated at
809-682-6430 or www.condo-parque.cu.vu/
just off colonial zone on palo hincado #165