anyone been to dr for nye

ustelephone

Mar 31, 2004
www.ecoislandadventures.com
Depends on where you are. If you are in a barrio (poor section) it is a great party. People are out in the streets, everyone's door is open, music playing all night. I enjoy the holidays at my wife's family's house which is in a barrio and I think it's a blast.

If you are in a middle-class or upper-class area it is quiet enough to hear a pin drop.

If you are at a resort or tourist area you can expect a party just a little bit more fun than it would be in the US.

If you are in the campo (farms) then you're out of luck as most people out there don't have (or need) a calander.

gonzaga

Mar 19, 2002
I stayed at the Grand Flamenco for the NYear's 2002, because I wanted to experience the new year once away from Toronto. I will never pay that kind of money again for this time of the year (more than double for single supplement). The hotel did not do very much to celebrate this "party" time of the year. Everyone was in the lobby as the count down began, I never been with such a bunch of tourist who did not know how to party, boring. Thank God, my DR friends and I went out to party after they finished work. I was told the next day they did something at the beach, but I don't know what, there was no notification posted in the resort, so how would one know.

My doctor also spend N.Y's at the resort where you will be staying the same time I was there. She told me there was a very nice dinner for everyone, but for a real party, what they did, because there was a group of 50 doctors. The got a stereo system, bought it down to the beach, and had their own party which everyone joined, dancing in their gowns on the beach. They were able to get liquor for their party. She said they had the time of their life.

My friend at Melia Caribe/Tropical told me they had a big beach party the same year. So maybe a few years later, the resorts may be doing something more, all I know is that I was not impressed at Flamenco for the New Year that I vacation there. Man, It's a New Year, you party like you never party before, time and money spent to enjoy. Overall, I did have a great time, but I'm going to have a good time no matter where I go. Live life with no regrets.