Can anybody recommend a good car rental company in puerto plata

stallion

Mr. Main Event
May 28, 2004
hi,

Just wanted to see if somebody knows of any good car rental copany in puerto plata. Last time i rented a car i had problems. One guy started charging me for minor scratches and another guy was demanding full payment on the first day. Any help will be good, thanks all.

sweetdbt

Bronze
Sep 17, 2004
stallion said:
Hi,

Thanks for the reply, but this guy is not any better. He is asking for $45.00 and up for a simple toyota corrola. I need better.

Almost all of the major companies have offices at the airport, Including Hertz, Avis, National, Budget, etc. You can do a search on a major travel site like Expedia or Travelocity to find who has the best rate, then actually make the reservation through the companies website. I've found I can usually get a better rate from one of the big companies. Another local company to try is Adventure car rental. I believe they are in the directory here.

duhtree

Jun 2, 2003
auto rental

My experience also tells me Adventura car rental. Gypsy, the owner is amavingly good at what she does. Will pick up, deliver the car, rent in SD and drop off in POP, etc. and all at reasonable rates.
Solo dos pesos, john

Bob K

Silver
Aug 16, 2004
car rental

Just returned from POP this week. We rented a nissan sentra from National. Found a rate on Orbitz.com and actuallly paid the rate quoted. Rate was $248 including ALL taxes. They do screw you a little on the peso rate if left on credit card. However we paid cash at the end of the trip. Car worked fine and had no problems.

stallion

Mr. Main Event
May 28, 2004
Bob K said:
Sorry that rate was for a week (7days)

Thanks all for your help and advice. I think i will reserve with the major car rental companies like budget and hertz.