TAM from Brasil to DR next year!

Transat

Jan 1, 2002
The minister of tourism Felucho Gimenez officially announce today that TAM from brasil will carry out charters flights from Sao Paulo,to the DR next year.
The tour operator responsible for for these flights will be CBC.

TAM will use a A-330

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
How odd - the CBC is Canada's national public TV and radio operator. I had no idea they operated an airline too. My tax dollars hard at work.

swake

Oct 27, 2002
Why would a Paulista in their right mind hop on a plane to the DR?? What has the DR to offer that is not on the menu in Southeast coastal Brazil?

Keith R

"Believe it!"
Jan 1, 2002
www.temasactuales.com
santobonao said:
which airport in the dominican republic will Tam will be flying.

Aw, c'mon, you must already know that it's Punta Cana. Brazilians are not going to fly so many hours just for a Boca Chica or Sosua....

Swake is right. I know many Brazilian beaches and many, many other places in Brazil, and I cannot fanthom why any Brazilian would want to go to the DR instead of Rio, Cabo Frio, Santa Catarina, Bahia or Cear?...

toneloc24

Bronze
Mar 8, 2004
swake said:
Why would a Paulista in their right mind hop on a plane to the DR?? What has the DR to offer that is not on the menu in Southeast coastal Brazil?

I'm thinking the same thing. I just don't see much success for this.

Having been to Brasil, I sincerely doubt that there will be much demand for this route. Having been to Brasil many times, they vacation in the pristine beaches of NE (Salvador, Recife, Fortaleza, Natal) & SE Brasil (Florianopolis, Campos - 1 hr from Sao Paolo) areas. The airfare alone from Sao Paolo to those cities costs $150 R/T at a maximum. The cities are just as cheap as DR. The infrastructure alone in those cities trump anywhere in the DR, plus there are historical sites all along the coasts.

Those Brasilians who can afford it, prefer to fly to Europe (Spain, Portugal).

Transat

Jan 1, 2002
swake said:

For the same reson Spanish go to POP and PUJ.And they have LAS ISLAS BALEARES in Spain.

Im not agree with you the Dominican Republic has a lots to offer, culture,history etc.

Beautifull places and beacause the DR has a lots to offers thats why thousands of tourists visit the island every year.

And thats not the first time Brasilian go to DR Cubana de Aviacion once operates a charter flights from Sao Paulo to Puj on a DC-10.

Keith R

"Believe it!"
Jan 1, 2002
www.temasactuales.com
toneloc24 said:
I'm thinking the same thing. I just don't see much success for this.

Having been to Brasil, I sincerely doubt that there will be much demand for this route. Having been to Brasil many times, they vacation in the pristine beaches of NE (Salvador, Recife, Fortaleza, Natal) & SE Brasil (Florianopolis, Campos - 1 hr from Sao Paolo) areas. The airfare alone from Sao Paolo to those cities costs $150 R/T at a maximum. The cities are just as cheap as DR. The infrastructure alone in those cities trump anywhere in the DR, plus there are historical sites all along the coasts.

Those Brasilians who can afford it, prefer to fly to Europe (Spain, Portugal).
Voc? tem toda raz?o!

xamaicano

Apr 16, 2004
swake said:

Dominicans and Dominican culture.

Keith R

"Believe it!"
Jan 1, 2002
www.temasactuales.com
toneloc24 said:
Brushing off my rusty Portuguese... :laugh:

H? muitas op??es do ilhas na costa de Brasil, para muito mais barato. Voc? sabe isso.
Yes, actually, I was agreeing with you -- I said you are quite right!

BTW, the sentence should be:
H? muitas op??es nas ilhas da costa do Brasil, e muito mais barato. Voc? sabe isso.
But you did pretty well! Parab?ns!

Eu, como voc?, acho que as praias da Rep?blica Dominicana n?o t?m nada que as do Brasil n?o t?m, e na maioria dos casos, as praias do Brasil s?o melhor. ? certo que a infra-estrutura e n?vel dos servi?os s?o melhor l?.

Transat

Jan 1, 2002
Rep?blica Dominicana inicia conquista del mercado brasile?o

Hi guys
Sorry i found this just in spanish:

La secretar?a de Turismo inform? este jueves que con la inauguraci?n de un vuelo charter hacia territorio brasile?o se inicia la conquista de este mercado para atraer visitantes hacia la Rep?blica Dominicana.

Se trata de la l?nea a?rea TAM que, seg?n F?lix Jim?nez, secretario de la cartera, iniciar? su operaci?n en julio del pr?ximo a?o.

Anunci? que con inicio de las operaciones de la empresa en el pa?s, se procura garantizar que el flujo de turistas procedentes de Brasil, se incremente en los pr?ximos cuatro a?os de 40 mil a 80 mil visitantes cariocas.

Jim?nez ofreci? sus declaraciones durante su visita a R?o de Janeiro, donde estuvo participando en el 32 Congreso Brasile?o de Agencias de Viajes y la Exposici?n de Turismo (ABAV) 2004, en el que participaron m?s de 20 pa?ses y otras localidades de la referida naci?n.

Dijo que en principio, la secretar?a de Turismo ten?a el inter?s de conquistar el mercado brasile?o para los ?resorts? de la costa norte del pa?s, pero que durante el Congreso se revel? que los touroperadores mostraron gran inter?s especialmente por La Romana, Bayah?be y Punta Cana.

El funcionario dijo que para finales de noviembre, se realizar? en Sao Paulo un encuentro con los presidentes de TAM y de CVC, principal touroperador de Brasil y esta semana los invitar? a un viaje de reconocimiento a Puerto Plata y la Costa Este de Rep?blica Dominicana, que tendr? lugar en la primera semana de mayo de 2005.

En esa ocasi?n vendr? tambi?n al pa?s, el ministro de Turismo de Brasil, directores internacionales de productos de las m?s importantes empresas touroperadoras, 160 agentes de viajes y periodistas.

TCIDR

Sep 7, 2003
recently got back from brazil

....And it would be good to have other options to get there. I flew on Copa airlines. When I left there seem to be people from brazil flying on the airline and when I returned, there were 3 dominicans, a few brazils and other nationals that connected in Panama.

Brasil is much cheaper than the DR though

santobonao

Bronze
Jun 3, 2003
www.telemundo.com
Varig used to Fly from Sao paulo to Santo domingo back in those days.

IS GOOD TO SEE MORE FLIGHTS TO DOMINICAN REPUBLIC AND I AM AGREE WITH YOU TRANSAT.

Last edited:

ruthberg

Oct 4, 2004
I would like to return

I am a Brazilian and just returned from DR. There are many things to attract us. The people are very nice. The culture is very motivating. The Dominican way of life is motivating. Santo Domingo?s colonial city, the resorts in Puerto Plata. In fact I could not wait to return.

Copa fares are very high (US$ 1.000). If TAM prices are more attractive, I think many people would go to DR. There so many that flies to Aruba, why not DR.

Many people that attend the congress I was, were planning to come back with family.

Ps. To get to DR I went to Venezuela and then take a flight from Aeropostal. The worse air company I ever flyed.

Transat

Jan 1, 2002
Your right !!ruthberg

Thanks... of course that the DR has lots to offer! you just mention some of them.

WELCOME BACK!

Bartolomeo67

Mar 18, 2004
swake said:

Apagones? ...Huracanes? ...

No, the DR is still a much safer place to spend your holidays than Brasil. I can tell you, I just got back from beautiful Brasil and got assaulted and robbed in Bahia. And I was far from being the only one. This never happened to me in 15 times DR.

Bartolomeo

santobonao

Bronze
Jun 3, 2003
www.telemundo.com
Bartolomeo67 said:
Apagones? ...Huracanes? ...

No, the DR is still a much safer place to spend your holidays than Brasil. I can tell you, I just got back from beautiful Brasil and got assaulted and robbed in Bahia. And I was far from being the only one. This never happened to me in 15 times DR.

Bartolomeo

I am agree with you bartolomeo67. Dominican republic is more safer than Brasil for a Holiday.