Sports

karenssp

Jul 28, 2004
I'm a member of a running club, and we are looking for different places to run and vacation. Does the DR have any road races their? If so when and where ;) .

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Yes they do

But just when and where is gonna be a hard one to get precise answers for you. The Dominican Athletic Federation is in a major chaos situation having just bounced their three chief executives and are searching for new leadership. HOwever, if you can communicatewith DR1 as to when you are thinking about coming, perhaps we can find out if there is anything going on during that time. I do know that there are a lot of 10 K races ad few 5 K and just a marathon or two.

HB :D

mobrouser

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
there used to be a Terry Fox run in April. i believe it was run in the capital. is this still going because i don't think i heard about it this year?

mob

karenssp

Jul 28, 2004
Hillbilly said:
But just when and where is gonna be a hard one to get precise answers for you. The Dominican Athletic Federation is in a major chaos situation having just bounced their three chief executives and are searching for new leadership. HOwever, if you can communicatewith DR1 as to when you are thinking about coming, perhaps we can find out if there is anything going on during that time. I do know that there are a lot of 10 K races ad few 5 K and just a marathon or two.

HB :D
When I was there, I did'nt see many people training (running) on the street or beaches. I felt like I was the only one.