Piedra Blanca to San Jose de Ocoa

wil

Oct 12, 2003
profiles.yahoo.com
There is a road that does this...anyone know how it is. It goes through Rancho Arriba, and Nizao, and I would like to drive it.
TU Wilson

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
wil said:
There is a road that does this...anyone know how it is. It goes through Rancho Arriba, and Nizao, and I would like to drive it.
TU Wilson
Haven't been out that way in a long time.
You may need a specialized vehicle, if not a burro.

sweetdbt

Bronze
Sep 17, 2004
wil said:
TU Wilson

I seem to recall one of the board members here telling a funny story about this trip fairly recently. It's a drive I've been thinking about as well. The travel guides say the views are spectacular but the road is terrible, and a 4 wheel drive is recommended.

wil

Oct 12, 2003
profiles.yahoo.com
Thanks Sweetdbt
I will probably try it next month. Sounds like a slow ride, but that's ok.

Wil

sweetdbt said:
I seem to recall one of the board members here telling a funny story about this trip fairly recently. It's a drive I've been thinking about as well. The travel guides say the views are spectacular but the road is terrible, and a 4 wheel drive is recommended.

Talldrink

El Mujeron
Jan 7, 2004
Yes, you will need a REALIABLE SUV to do this... My fam is originally from Nizao and when my aunt was young the 'jeep' fell over the hill (survived) - very long story short, you will need something that grips the road... Good luck!

Spirit7

Aug 26, 2004
Try it from the south

A couple of months back I drove from Bani to Nizao going thru San Jose de Ocoa (nice little town) and the road was fine between Bani and Ocoa and only slightly worse to Nizao but not bad at all....I don't know how bad it gets after Nizao to Piedra Blanca but having a 4wd vehicle will make the going easier and safer....I drove my regular sedan all the way and it was no problem....great and varied scenery from arid desert-like to deep green forest and from flat to mountainous.

wil

Oct 12, 2003
profiles.yahoo.com
This board is great...thanks. Ideally, I would rent an SUV, but the cost is quite abit more, I will probably just drive very slow if I do this road.
WHAT a country for exploring! Wish I had the resources to make it a fulltime adventure.