Boca de Yuma Abuse Case

Apr 26, 2002
Is DR1 trying to expose what might be a witch hunt in Boca de Yuma? In yesterday's DR1, we learned that, amongst the accusations of abuse are included a claim by a 6-year-old of wild orgies including sex with pet dogs. For me, that raised an eyebrow. Then, today, we learn:

"Currently, there are four people incarcerated for charges related to the mistreatment of children at the orphanage: the former cook (a 53-year-old woman who is serving a sentence of 15 years for the rape of nine children), two other women and one man, who have been implicated in the most recent rapes of 13 minors that emerged last March. The four former orphanage workers were apparently unknown to each other before meeting within the prison's walls."

This sounds suspeciously like one of the abuse panics that afflicted the US in the 1980s. That is: Extremely young children making claims of large scale, elaborate and spectacular abuse plots perpetrated by males AND females. The only thing missing are satanists. In the US, most of these cases turned out to be frauds perpetrated by overly ambitious law enforcement or persons with an axe to grind against one or more of the accused. But it took the criminal justice system years to adjust to the idea that children can be led to make these claims, and many of the wrongly accused spent years in jail.

Statistically speaking, women almost never engage in sexual abuse. Add to that that this case involves THREE women and you have to ask yourself "what are the chances?"

Also, the percentage of people in any society with a predilection to this type of conduct is very small. So, again, what is the chance, what is the probability, that three women who didn't know each other but who were interested in abusing children would all work at the same orphanage?

Because the accused are women, many of the biggest do-gooders out there who might otherwise believe accusations from children no matter how incredible and how unlikely based on circumstancial evidence were they directed at men might question this one too.

I truly hope that the PN seek outside help on this one from experts who know how to question these children in a balanced manner to see whether one or more of them are being led into making false accusations.

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
The news reported today is an update published by El Caribe newspaper that released the story and has been following it up. The newspaper hopes that the case is not pushed under the rug. From statements carried yesterday, something very ugly has happened at the orphanage. The bishop himself has admitted to the scandal at the center under their patronage. See earlier briefs published this week.

Apr 26, 2002
Dolores,

That something happened is certainly disturbing. But I seriously question whether innocent people, particularly females, might not have been dragged into this. And I wouldn't expect El Caribe to question the basis of a lascivious news story.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Porfio_Rubirosa said:
The only thing missing are satanists.

They got them in soon enough, if you believe this afternoon's El Nacional.

I share Porfio's concerns about this scandal. It seems likely that the women being accused are scapegoats. I can't imagine that the children were questioned in a sensitive way.

(On a lighter note, click on the link at your peril - you get a lovely pic of Fefita as a bonus :eek: )

Spirit7

Aug 26, 2004
satanism already mentioned

This case sounds suspicious and satanism already has been added. Although there may have been abuse and the truth may be somewhere in the middle. It's not like it did not happen but I don't believe all these gory details that have been given. In a country where sexual satisfaction is available around each corner (really!) and at a relatively cheap rate, it's hard to believe these accused would be getting their jollies with 3-6-8 year olds? I don't know.

Spirit7

Aug 26, 2004
Chirimoya said:
(On a lighter note, click on the link at your peril - you get a lovely pic of Fefita as a bonus :eek: )

Thank God she had a full suit on and the picture was taken at a distance! Old Fefa does have character, personality and self-assurance and sells herself, in spite of all her shortcomings, very well. More power to her!

Don Tomas

Jun 22, 2004
Porfio_Rubirosa said:
Statistically speaking, women almost never engage in sexual abuse. Add to that that this case involves THREE women and you have to ask yourself "what are the chances?"

Female offenders were most common in assaults against victims under age 6. For these youngest victims, 12% of offenders were females, compared with 6% for victims ages 6 through 12, and 3% for victims ages 12 through 17. Overall, 6% of the offenders who sexually assaulted juveniles were female, compared with just 1% of the female offenders who sexually assaulted adults.

Overall 6% doesn't equal "almost never"!

Even better statistic for you: About 60% of the male survivors sampled report at least one of their perpetrators to be female.

And I am not even mentioning crimes not reported, where males are less likely to report so hence there are many more female abusers that go unnoticed!

As for your question, I say the chances are pretty good.

Mirador

On Permanent Vacation!
Apr 15, 2004
a few days ago I googled for worldsolidarity.com (US supporters of the orphanage) and all their pages had been wiped out, however, under 'cache' you could access the old pages, plus under the 'image' feature of google you could open over 30 pictures with the children and foreign visitors to the Boca de Yuma center, including pictures of priests, Higuey, and Punta Cana. At that time I informed a major newspaper here, with no response. Obviously a cover up...
Mirador

Apr 26, 2002
Don Tomas said:
Overall 6% doesn't equal "almost never"!
Without even going into the validity of the NCJJ study to which you refer, let's, for the purpose of discussion, assume they are correct. With three alleged female offenders who, it is reported, did not know each other, then the probability of this case being real in it's entirety is still astronomically small. Imagine that there is a 6% probability of your house getting struck by lightning in a day. Then, over three consecutive days, your house gets hit each day. The probability of that becomes 6%x6%x6%, or 0.0216%.

No matter, if the satanism/beastiality/mass orgy/female offender combined allegations haven't raised a red flag of suspicion for you, nothing will.

Last edited:

thick_neck

*** Sin Bin ***
Apr 6, 2004
Small correction: San Rafael de Yuma, most commonly known as 'Yuma,' is not Boca de Yuma.

-Joseito
El hijo ileg?timo de Salvale?n de Higuey, provincia La Altagracia, y tambi?n conocido como El Pariguayo Ladilloso del amor y la bachata