Thread: Am I reading too much into this?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Am I reading too much into this?

Extradition papers now ready
    US Ambassador Hans Hertell went to the Presidential Palace yesterday for a long meeting with the Presidential legal consultant. The agenda of the meeting covered the new procedures for the extradition of Dominicans to the United States and the 10 cases that currently pending extradition. Hertell and Cesar Pina Toribio met for discussion, after which Pina Toribio told El Caribe reporters that the Executive Branch has the 10 extradition files ready for the President's signature. Hertell told reporters that the new Penal Code, instated just last month, necessitated new procedures for the expatriation process. The 10 files awaiting the Presidential signature were devised under the former Code of Penal Processes.
    I may be reading too much between the lines but is this story in today's DR1 news implying that some high-profile figures are on this list?

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Chirimoya
    I may be reading too much between the lines but is this story in today's DR1 news implying that some high-profile figures are on this list?
    Probably not, Chiri, but we can hope.

"Believe it!"
    Post Thanks / Like

Probably are, Chiri. If the DR ever actually extradicted Big Names, it would truly be a new day in Quisqueya...

Post Thanks / Like

Default Oh Chiri: I love the way you think!!

I would love to see Gomez Mazara and a couple of others hung up by their thumbs. Gómez will make someone a lovely wife with those green eyes!! HEHEHE

HB

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Seems like Vincho is asking the same question, Chiri. Wonder what he knows?
    http://www.elcaribe.com.do/articulo_...AE3&Seccion=63