HELP! I need a home!!

karina

Nov 5, 2003
I need to move to Santo Domingo for the month of November, into an apartment with an inverter or planta. I can't afford 1800$.

Does anyone know of a place (furnished or not), safe neighbourhood, with reasonable rates??

I appreciate all the help
Thanks!

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
karina said:
I need to move to Santo Domingo for the month of November, into an apartment with an inverter or planta. I can't afford 1800$.

Does anyone know of a place (furnished or not), safe neighbourhood, with reasonable rates??

I appreciate all the help
Thanks!

How much can you afford? Appartments in Sto. Dgo. range from as low as 8000 pesos/month to as high as 4000 USD/month. It all depends on where you want to live and how big of an appartment you need. I would say, you should be able to find a decent size apt. in a decent neighborhood for around 15,000 pesos/month (around 500 USD at current rate). For instance a quick search in Super Casas has a few apts. under 20k pesos/month in areas such as El Millon, Arroyo Hondo, Gazcue, etc...which are all very nice areas. Prices in that website are normally much higher than you can get looking in the regular newspaper. Can you wait to rent until you're in the country? If so I would suggest you take your time to find much better deals...

karina

Nov 5, 2003
THanks for the reply,

I am already living in the country, I am in Jarabacoa. Things have turned bad here for work, and must go to Sto. Dgo to be with my collegues.
I have people searching already for me, but I can't seem to get anything that makes sense for me.
My budget is tops 300$. I am only there for a month.... is it really this impossible to find??