Any Dominicans in ThunderBay, Ontario?

Lottusflower

Dec 15, 2003
Hello to all of you....
It was a while since I wrote.. again another update...I will be again in Canada to experience the winters, may I say, in Calgary, Winnipeg, ThunderBay, Sudbury and Chapleu.... I was invited by my boyfriends family to spend Christmas toguether in ThunderBay..so since I will be spending almost a week there, I thougth it might be nice to know wether anybody from here is living there and how are they doing...? I will post more news when I return,,home.

Lottusflower

FireGuy

Rest in peace Amigo!
Aug 21, 2002
www.polaris-fs.com
Hola Lotus,

Lottusflower said:
...I will be again in Canada to experience the winters...

Sincere good luck with your Canadian winter experience - I look forward to your comments.

New words to live by:

Parka

Touque

Mukluks

Snowmobile Suit

Have fun - it will be an experience.

Gregg

liam1

Bronze
Jun 9, 2004
ask your boyfriend to show you the northern lights. you'll have fun explaining it to your friends in DR. "yeah man, the sky turns green!" ;)

Lottusflower

Dec 15, 2003
liam1 said:
ask your boyfriend to show you the northern lights. you'll have fun explaining it to your friends in DR. "yeah man, the sky turns green!" ;)

That should be quiet a show, eh?

trina

Silver
Jan 3, 2002
When you're in Calgary, my husband and I would love to have you over for dinner. Send me a PM. Have a great trip!

CanadianCutie22

Jun 1, 2002
Dominicans in TBay

Hi Lottusflower..

I am not sure if their are any Dominicans living in Thunder Bay but I do and have been to the DR a few times if that counts for anything!

Hope you enjoy you're stay here!

Dawn

marliejaneca

Bronze
Oct 7, 2003
Good to hear from you again, Lottusflower!!
Like Dawn said, I don't think that Thunder Bay has any Dominicans living there, but Winnipeg does. It has a growing population of Dominicans, or so I have heard. I know Chris Coates's daughter, Jennifer, is attending University of Manitoba. Chris has lived in the DR for years and is married to a wonderful Dominican woman named Mady, they own a restaurant in Cofresi which is very popular. So, I guess it would be safe to say Jennifer is only half Dominican!! I think there may even be some Latin clubs there as well. I would check out the yellow pages for community groups, or get your boyfriends parents to ask around to see if there are any Dominican community clubs in Thunder Bay.
I am glad to see everything is still going good for you, and what an opportunity for you to see so much of Canada while you are here. I wish I was closer to Thunder Bay ( 4.5 hour drive from where I live in Nestor Falls), I would love to meet up with you and your boyfriend.
Take care and good luck with your travels and search for other Dominicans. Remember stay warm and don't get discouraged, our Canadian winters only last 8 months on average !!!! LOL
Marlie