SDQ Real Estate Question

Guatiao

El Leon de los Cacicazgos
Mar 27, 2004
Hi, How are all you are doing?

I know alot about the capital, my family has houses, condos but the capital is very big and the few places I know are Indepencia Ave, Piantini, Julieta, Los Prados, El Mirador Sur, etc. That is my limited knowledge, well recently a friend told me about some cheap condos in SDQ, the section is called Bayona, I have no idea where it isot how it is? I am interested but I find the price to high for the m2, its 87 m2; 3 bedroom, 2 bathroom, no "service room", 2 parking spots. The price is 1.5 million as of right now before constuction after its completed my friend told me it would be about 1.8 to 2.0 Million. I want to buy now and sell it later when its completed and earn a few pesos, but I dont know the area or how it is, since I wont be going to DR untill January, I was wondering if any DR1 member could help.

Good Day,
Capo

Golo100

Bronze
Jan 5, 2002
Well, I'm glad I caught you while I was lurking. Let me tell you that if you were to pick one of the the worst, most dangerous and least valuable areas to buy any real estate, Bayona fits the criteria. I don't know who your "enemy" is, but whoever suggested this disastrous investment, is no friend of yours. Tell him or her I said so. Especially $2,000,000? Look, they would have to burn the entire Bayona and rebuild it in gold before something there costs that much.
Keep your previous information as the right source. The best areas in Santo Domingo to buy and live in are Piantini, Naco,Bella Vista, El Vergel, Gazcue, Evaristo Morales, Mirador Sur, parts of Mirador Norte, parts of Arroyo Hondo,La Esperilla, Los Cacicazgos and La Julia. Julieta is not so bad, but Avenida Independencia west of Nu?ez De Caceres is no big deal and Los Prados has turned into another Dodge City, with street crime steadily on the rise and low middle class people with bad customs and manners.
You would also be advised that any area where you have to cross any bridge out the the main Santo Domingo area, like the oriental zone, Los Minas, Sabana Perdida, INVI, Los Frailes, Villa Mella you might as well buy in Bagdad.
And just to give you an idea, you would be lucky to find even a 1 br. apartment for $2 million in any of the desirable areas, specially Piantini and impossible in El vergel or Avenida Anacaona in Los Cacicazgos.
TW