Pedro Martinez gracious to Montreal expos fans

Jasper

Bronze
Jan 10, 2002
pedro was very gracious and classy after world series victory when he said that the victory was also for expos fans who were robbed of world series chance in 1994 with strike stoppage.

read about how the case before the courts in miami and how expos were allegedly stolen by jeffrey loria and bud selig:

http://www.savetheexpos.com/RICO/rico_suit.pdf

OttawaTom

Dec 15, 2002
As a native Montrealer, and an Expos fan since 1969 (card-carrying member of the Rusty Staub Bank of Montreal Young Expos Club ;) ), his comment really felt good to hear.

We Expos fans haven't heard a lot of good things over the past several years.

At least my second-favorite team finally got it done.

Tom

Jasper

Bronze
Jan 10, 2002
so far as the expos go, i don't think that the fat lady has sung yet. should be interesting news in a couple of weeks. maybe we'll get an xmas present.

Apr 26, 2002
I sympathise with the exactly 9,612 baseball fans in Montreal. Really I do. But the lawsuit is, nonetheless, a joke. It will be laughed out of the SD of Fla.

Jasper

Bronze
Jan 10, 2002
Porfio_Rubirosa said:
I sympathise with the exactly 9,612 baseball fans in Montreal. Really I do. But the lawsuit is, nonetheless, a joke. It will be laughed out of the SD of Fla.

you obviously know next to nothing about the present situation, its cause or the history behind baseball in montreal over the last 100 yrs.