Dominican in NYC kill girlfriend, leaves baby strapped

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Dominican in NYC kills girlfriend, leaves baby strapped

in the back seat. Leonardo Colon strangled his girlfriend Cesarina Colon, put her and her 2 year old baby from a frormer relationship in the back seat, strapped her in and then drove the SUV to a busy street in Queens and left the dead mother and live baby in the locked car.

An anonomous 911 call did not do much and 4 days later the baby was finally rescued and is in critical condition.

The boyfriend, Leonardo Almonte,32, a "bodeguero" in Jamaica admitted to strangling his girlfriend Cesarina Colon last weekend and on Sunday he put her body in the car and then put the baby in the back seat car seat. He was taped by surveilance tape getting out of the vehicle.

A 911 cal made on Wednesday did not discover the baby until Thursday when more calls about a baby in a locked car came in. Police are investigating the handling the first 911 call.

So, in a few years, we'll get this gem sent back here. Don't you wish they'd put a needle in his arm??

HB disgusted...

Last edited:

Argo

*** Sin Bin ***
Aug 5, 2004
Hillbilly said:
in the back seat. Leonardo Colon strangled his girlfriend Cesarina Colon, put her and her 2 year old baby from a frormer relationship in the back seat, strapped her in and then drove the SUV to a busy street in Queens and left the dead mother and live baby in the locked car.

An anonomous 911 call did nto do much and 4 days later the baby was finally rescued and is in critical condition.

The boyfriend, Leonardo Almonte,32, a "bodeguero" in Jamaica admitted to strangling his girlfriend Cesarina Colon last weekend and on Sunday he put her body in the car and then put the baby in the back seat car seat. He was taped by surveilance tape getting out of the vehicle.

A 911 cal made on Wednesday did not discover the baby until Thursday when more calls about a baby in a locked car came in. Police are investigating the handling the first 911 call.

So, in a few years, we'll get this gem sent back here. Don't you wish they'd put a needle in his arm??

HB disgusted...

I would hope they inject the 911 operator and surveillnace people at the same time, that is amazing neglect on the part of all involved

In the US you would have: Murder 1 and possibly aggrevated child negligence? Isn't that sufficient for death, or does NY not have death penalty?

How can an SUV sit on a NYC street for 2 days and not get stolen???

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
It sat for four and a half days, just off the Van Wyck

Expressway...It was under surveilance camaras, which might explain part of it. The street was described as "busy", so maybe it was not an easy hit...

HB

Mr_DR

Silver
May 12, 2002
Hillbilly said:
Expressway...It was under surveilance camaras, which might explain part of it. The street was described as "busy", so maybe it was not an easy hit...

HB
That is crazy,
A parked SUV in a busy expressway with surveillance cameras?
Whatever happend to towing? I remember parking my car for no more than 30 minutes in lesser busy srteets and getting towed.

Mr_DR

Silver
May 12, 2002
Hillbilly said:

An anonomous 911 call did not do much and 4 days later the baby was finally rescued and is in critical condition.

HB disgusted...
I dont really think we have to worry about this one,
He is gonna have a very long lasting marriage with the US judicial system.

deelt

Bronze
Mar 23, 2004
Put it in perspective

HB

I doubt that...he'll be locked up for a while. Even so don't you think it is great that the crime actually happened in a country that enforces it's laws...in DR he would have still been walking if he knew, or was, somebody special...

Ask yourself where are the Baninter culprits...these have harmed the country more much more than this stupid fool...

D

Hillbilly said:

HB disgusted...

m65swede

Mar 18, 2002
Could be worse. . . . . .

Mr_DR said:
That is crazy,
A parked SUV in a busy expressway with surveillance cameras?
Whatever happend to towing? I remember parking my car for no more than 30 minutes in lesser busy srteets and getting towed.

When I lived in NYC in the 1980's a photo was printed in the newspaper of a car with a dead person in the front passenger seat, bullet hole clearly visible in the head and a stream of blood down the face. There was a parking ticket under the wiper blade which was placed there after death occured.

Too bad we can't make this jerk "disappear" and save both countries time and $$.

Swede

FuegoAzul21

Jun 28, 2004
its a shame a tragedy like that had to happen .I dont really know anything more than what was said on the original post , but im curious to know what exactly were his motives ,if anybody knows becuase he obviously didnt care whether he got caught or not ,maybe he just went crazy(could be a reason for that too) or something else (women are not all angels)