Truillo House

principe

Nov 19, 2002
I think the one in the capital is currently being the used by the Cancilleria located in el malecon.

Sep 20, 2003
Trujillo had a house in San Cristobal, I believe it was the same house he was on his way to when he was ambushed and assassinated.

I read that it burned down and is now a ruin. But i have no confirmation of that.

Trujillo had a large and ornate mansion in Santo Domingo, Estancia Rhadames, but it was torn down. President Balaguer had the national library built in its place. Just behind the library, and still built on the grounds of the old estate, is the the large Museum of Dominican Man.

Trujillo's daughter,Angelita, had a villa of her own nearby, on Avendia Maximo Gomez,but it was also torn down and the national theater was built in its old location.

There is a house know as Casa Caoba, it was still a major tourist attraction in the mid 1970's where visitors paid to wander through its dark wood panelled hallways and see Trujillo's tacky furniture and gaudy uniforms. I don't know where that house is actually located. Perhaps that is in San Cristobal.

Most of Trujillo's old palaces are said to be looted and filled with squatters.(At least that was the case in the mid 1970's)