SkyAuction.com

Buck69

Jul 29, 2004
has any one dealted with them is it a scam or not? Not sure if I trust them or not any help ?

portcityplaya

Oct 10, 2004
Skyauction

My friend won a auction for a vacation in Boca Chica last year. He didn't have any problems. He and his wife flew Continental and stayed at the Coral Hamaca which is probably the best AI in Boca Chica. He had no complaints. I

James

DRPAWA

Sep 3, 2004
Skyauction

Buck69 said:
has any one dealted with them is it a scam or not? Not sure if I trust them or not any help ?
==========================================================

They are an excellent company to deal with. I've used them for the past 4 or 5 years and have always been satisfied with their offerings and service. In fact, I just won a 2 day stay at a Puerto Plata AI that I'll be using when I go next month. The friend that's going with me got his airfare through them and he's very pleased with the experience. I've used them for packages, airfare only and hotel only type auctions and have never had a problem.
Good luck.

jerryme

Feb 1, 2004
My girlfriend has used them for about 10 trips now. Including our first trip to the DR. We won two tickets from Myrtle Beach to Bahamas for less tham $200 US total we are using in Nov.

jerryme

Feb 1, 2004
Well we won two tickets at $1.00 each and the fees were $88 each. Can you find me two tickets to the Bahamas at any dates I want for under $200.00 USD???????????

POP Bad Boy

Bronze
Jun 27, 2004
I agree with Escott, Not sure about the airfare............

.............but I do know that the hotels are not a good deal EVEN if you get them for free. For example, I live near Cofresi and if you were to get a room at the inclusives there, the daily fee they charge you is more than if you were to call the hotel directly and book a room.

jerryme

Feb 1, 2004
Escott, they give you a two or three month window and we have always gotten any date we wanted.

cork

Aug 23, 2003
skyauction

Buck69 said:
The secret to Skyauction is know how much something is before you bid. Add all the taxes, fees and air surcharges and if that is less then you would normally pay, buy it.

I compare with AA.com if it is cheaper on Skyauction, I do it. I travelled skyauction in Aug, Oct and will again in Nov. I have 3 more sets on pay now fly later.

Cheapcaribbean.com is affiated with skyauction, and you can book your flights directly. You get you ff miles with either.

I also bought a one week stay at Casa Marina Beach with RT air from my little hometown, and the price was less then AA.com for STL to POP air only.

cork

Last edited:

Ricardo900

Silver
Jul 12, 2004
jerryme said:
Well we won two tickets at $1.00 each and the fees were $88 each. Can you find me two tickets to the Bahamas at any dates I want for under $200.00 USD???????????

How much was the total, including all taxes especially the international tax they always charge?

jerryme

Feb 1, 2004
TOTAL WAS $88.00 USD EACH. I don't know why people can't believe this. Tomorrow I am catching a flight to Mexico to go to Cozumel and Isla Mujeres (near Cancun) Got hotels for $23.00 a night INCLUDING FESS. And this is not the first time we went there on Skyauction.

What was nice about the Bahamas trip is it is a nonstop flight from Myrtle Beach, SC. Which is driving distance from me.

duhtree

Jun 2, 2003
skyauctions...

I 've tried a couple of bids myslf though haven't gotten one yet. What's nice is you make your bid and you can see what it will cost if you win. And that's before you submit the bid, officially.
7 days w/ r/t air from mia @sun breezes or some such in pop. or ditto at casa marina in sosua came in at $443.00 for 2. However, upon reading the fine print one learns that that price is "without" food, drinks, etc.
Point being: it's possible to bid, win, fly, and just never check into the A1 in that the air fare for 2 could be more as a straight purchase.
Patience and luck is all that's needed to occasionaly get an excellent deal.

Buck69

Jul 29, 2004
taxes

jerryme said:
TOTAL WAS $88.00 USD EACH. I don't know why people can't believe this. Tomorrow I am catching a flight to Mexico to go to Cozumel and Isla Mujeres (near Cancun) Got hotels for $23.00 a night INCLUDING FESS. And this is not the first time we went there on Skyauction.

What was nice about the Bahamas trip is it is a nonstop flight from Myrtle Beach, SC. Which is driving distance from me.
I see on there web site that there is most often $32.00 taxes pp per nite so if I book a room only & pay my bid pluss $32.00 taxes. when I book my flight are there more taxes? I am from Pa. & my taxes with a flight & hotel are about $130.00 would I have to pay another $130.00 for the flight ?

BigCity27

Mar 4, 2004
Departure Taxes

Buck69 said:
I see on there web site that there is most often $32.00 taxes pp per nite so if I book a room only & pay my bid pluss $32.00 taxes. when I book my flight are there more taxes? I am from Pa. & my taxes with a flight & hotel are about $130.00 would I have to pay another $130.00 for the flight ?
The $130pp is your Domestic & Foreign Taxes, 9.11 security fee, & other airport fees. The $32pp per night is most likely hotel taxes, booking fees, or service charges, and would have nothing to do with your air.

andrea9k

Apr 17, 2004
BigCity27 said:
what airline are you flying.....HootersAir.com?

My boyfriend won a bid there. He will be flying from Houston, AA, one stop in MIA for USD 409 total AND arriving SDQ at 4:00 pm, so the day is not lost!. We found it a good deal.

Jess :bunny:

jerryme

Feb 1, 2004
Yes Hooters air, sorry I did not reply earlier I just got back from another Skyauction won vacation. So I get to see boobs and fly cheap. Maybe free wings too?