graveyard

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Siiiiiiiiiiii!!!

Buck69 said:
Why do I never see any graveyards in th dr? Do they eat their dead or what?
Yes they do eat their dead. Man, You have got to be kidding me!!!!!!. Miguel slaps Bucks and makes him get some senses, hehe.

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
Buck69 said:
Why do I never see any graveyards in th dr? Do they eat their dead or what?

I think AMET need to take a look at the tinting on your rose coloured sunglasses - you are obviously WAY over the limit for seeing clearly.

Possible other alternatives are you don't get out & about much or you go around with your eyes closed! Cremation is frowned upon here so MOST bodies ARE put in the graveyards & burials, cemetary visits are serious events.

Tell me where you visit & I'll find out the nearest gaveyard for you! ~ Grahame.

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002
Buck69 said:
Why do I never see any graveyards in th dr?

You probably have passed graveyards and have not been aware. Some graveyard locations are protected(?) by high cement block walls around their parimeters, site unseen.

In Santo Domingo, if you transit a few blocks just to the north of Av. JFK on Av. Maximo Gomez you will encounter a large cemetary on the east side of the avenue.

Regards,
PJT

KateP

Silver
May 28, 2004
Keep in mind also that graveyards in the DR generally aren't like in the US and Canada. They don't bury the dead underground. They put them in small cement houses, where each dead has a slot. That might be why you think you haven't seen any... If I'm not mistaken, only recently someone's opened up a new graveyard where they bury people underground. I have to say, I prefer those. Gives me the creeps to walk around with dead people lying above ground...

mobrouser

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
Buck69 said:
Why do I never see any graveyards in th dr?.....

regardless of the crude phrasing of the question, this observation could be true of most of the Caribbean Islands, Mexico etc. unlike driving in rural Ontario, for example, where almost every town has a church and graveyard fronting the road, they just aren't as visible in RD while you are travelling around.

mob

Buck69

Jul 29, 2004
KateP said:
Keep in mind also that graveyards in the DR generally aren't like in the US and Canada. They don't bury the dead underground. They put them in small cement houses, where each dead has a slot. That might be why you think you haven't seen any... If I'm not mistaken, only recently someone's opened up a new graveyard where they bury people underground. I have to say, I prefer those. Gives me the creeps to walk around with dead people lying above ground...
Thank you Kate. You are the first honest answer from someone who knows what they are talking about. I hope to hear from you in the future!
p.s.Are they big or are they like small local buffets?