Need help on buying a house

quietstorm

Nov 2, 2004
I have a friend (Dominican young lady) that wants to purchase this house from a Canadian couple who owns it on the beach in Puerta Plata. Unfortunately they want $35,000 US dollars and she has saved only $20,000 US dollars. Does anyone know where she can obtain a loan, or get refinanced in order to purchase this beach house in order to rent out to visitors for long stays.

Thanks ;)

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
Forgive me for having these doubts ringing in my mind but a Dominican young lady with US $20,000 saved??? Looking to buy a US $35,000 property on the beach front??? Being a local, she MUST know where she can get loans from & how much they will cost her per month!!

I know nothing of her situation I agree & I am possibly malighning the young lady dreadfully, but I smell a scam coming on here & would advise extreme caution how you progress. Loans for this sort of purchase would probably cost her 28% pa. & she would have to pay the capital back in a five year period, so US $15,000 at 28% pa = US $4,200 pa which is RD $11,200 per month. She then has to save a further US $15,000 out of her income to pay that back at the end of 5 years (or sooner)!! Where is this good lady going to get that sort of an income from - a SECURE one, not one that MIGHT come from renting the property out??

Ask a LOAD more questions of the lady quietstorm, I think you may find a few flaws in her reasoning, hopes & aspirations! ~ Grahame.

duhtree

Jun 2, 2003
house buying

Nice call, Grahame!! And you are right. Approximately $600.00 per month over 60 months would be what's needed to borrow $15,000.
Not terrible in some place like the U.S. But in the D.R.?
Listen to the man, quietstorm

duhtree

Jun 2, 2003
house buying

Nice call, Grahame!! And you are right. Approximately $600.00 per month over 60 months would be what's needed to borrow $15,000.
Not terrible in some place like the U.S. But in the D.R.?
Listen to the man, quietstorm

I thought that real estate had gone up considerably over the last few years. Doesn't $35,000. sound too cheap, in general?

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
None left

Hlywud said:
Are there any others on the beach for sale for $35000 US?

No-none left. I bought 10 of them yesterday while you were home watching the election returns. LOL

JOHN