AMET - what is it good for?

Spirit7

Aug 26, 2004
All right, there have been a few threads lamenting AMET and its hassles of the populace which should make us think, what is it good for? Since its creation, has traffic flow improved?...
...a resounding NO!....in fact, when these guys start 'directing' traffic right at a working streetlight they cause complete disasters in backups, people across intersections, etc....
...have they helped reduce or eliminate the large amount of dangerous vehicles on the road such as the 'concho' cars which should be in a junkpile somewhere?....OF COURSE NOT!....these useless/uneducated drivers run around as they please without getting a second look from the AMET cops!?!...
...how about the wild scooter/moped/motorcycle usage without helmets, 5 to a cycle including infants, etc., etc.....OF COURSE NOT!...

...how can someone (AMET cops) that doesn't have a driver's license or ever driven a vehicle be enforcing traffic laws?....without the knowledge and experience of a driver how can you evaluate driving?....

In fact, this is a revenue collecting agency with the double purpose of providing jobs for the government in power and in the meantime hassle the populace to no end....it is, of course, the fault of that much-too-easy-going populace that has traditionally taken all the 'authorities' can dish out to them without barely a peep!....

Too bad! Too sad!

bienamor

Kansas redneck an proud of it
Apr 23, 2004
Maybe

MrMike said:
ooops, did somebody get busted not wearing a seatbelt?

But you got to admit they don't do a lot of good! Also got to admit that they are better than the NP was at the same job.

Seen one writing a ticket to a guawa driver the other day, wonder what he done?? Of course I also like the gaggle of moto choncos that cross Lincoln y 27 in the gaps of the north bound traffic while the AMET cop watches,
or any other intersection for that matter, and god help you if you should happen to hit one and they always have the right of way, :tired:

solituna

Jan 26, 2004
2 AMET cops on a motorbike

How about the when you see two AMET cops on a motorbike.. WITHOUT helmets! That really sets an example, huh??

Co?o! Diablo!

MrMike

Silver
Mar 2, 2003
www.azconatechnologies.com
I don't know, they tend to be seen directing traffic during traffic jams, so it is hard to tell whether they caused the traffic jam, or started directing to try to alleviate it.

When you are stuck in traffic it's easy to imagine the guys going the other way are getting there faster.

Whenever I see a concho driver getting hassled I want to buy the cop a beer. There are so many of these vermin in the country they are one of the most powerful unions here. They only have to work every other day and make more money than any of their passengers. Also they take unfair advantage of government subsidies on propane. (until January I'm told)

Spirit7

Aug 26, 2004
bienamor said:
But you got to admit they don't do a lot of good! Also got to admit that they are better than the NP was at the same job.:

I'll take the old days of the NP when if I did something wrong I could 'take care' of things right on the spot. Instant fine and go on your merry way!
Now with this illegal confiscation of your license and having to go through
the hassles of recovering it at a much more expensive rate than the old days.
Bring back the NP 'traficos' and out with AMET!

bienamor

Kansas redneck an proud of it
Apr 23, 2004
Thought we were crying about the thieves

Spirit7 said:
I'll take the old days of the NP when if I did something wrong I could 'take care' of things right on the spot. Instant fine and go on your merry way!
Now with this illegal confiscation of your license and having to go through
the hassles of recovering it at a much more expensive rate than the old days.
Bring back the NP 'traficos' and out with AMET!

Instant bribe, and on your way!! Hated the hassle this caused me!! give them a photo copy.

Spirit7

Aug 26, 2004
bienamor said:
Instant bribe, and on your way!! Hated the hassle this caused me!! give them a photo copy.

Believe it or not, that's how I'm driving around, with a photo copy. My original is at home and I just hope that when I hand out that photo copy they won't take me to the pokey. We shall see.