Power of Attorney ?

blanca

Jan 23, 2003
I am in Miami and can't return to the DR for a month ro so. I need a power of attorney for my foreman in the DR. My question is...Do i have my attorney in the DR draft it and send to me to sign here, or do i draft it here in spanish using my attorney here and send it? I think if it is drafted there i need to sign it here in the DR counsulant also the one drafted here?

Thankx,
Blanca

Fabio J. Guzman

DR1 Expert
Jan 1, 2002
www.drlawyer.com
To be valid in a Dominican Court any document signed abroad has to be authenticated at the nearest Dominican Consulate.

If the power-of-attorney is to be used in the Dominican Republic, I would advise you to have it drafted by a Dominican attorney since an American attorney would not know the legalities required by Dominican law.

blanca

Jan 23, 2003
Thank you!

Fabio J. Guzman said:
To be valid in a Dominican Court any document signed abroad has to be authenticated at the nearest Dominican Consulate.

If the power-of-attorney is to be used in the Dominican Republic, I would advise you to have it drafted by a Dominican attorney since an American attorney would not know the legalities required by Dominican law.
As always, thank you Mr.Guzman!