Picture Framing

Surfnut

Sep 15, 2004
Hello all.

I need your help in locating an experienced picture framing business in the North Coast. We were there last week and tried 8A but they don't have foam core and dry mounting - only cardboard. We have two paintings that are quite large 42"X56". One is on rice paper and the other on silk. The advice given to me in the States was to use dry mounting and then plexiglass given the size and to ensure that the painting doesn't actually touch the glass (using the matte as a spacer). Does anyone know where I can get this done?

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
www.escottinsosua.blogspot.com
Hi

There is one on Pedro Clisante in a house on the east side of Sosua on the north side of the street.

There is another around the corner from the Mountainside in Puerto Plata.

I can't speak for the quality of their work but maybe you can question them yourself while there.

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
Puerto Plata

There is one I have used called Arte Market. They have done a good job for me but I didn't have specialized needs.

Their phone is 261-1891 They are on Calle Villanueva if that helps....

jhm

Feb 23, 2002
www.colorescaribe.com
Surfnut said:
Hello all.

I need your help in locating an experienced picture framing business in the North Coast. We were there last week and tried 8A but they don't have foam core and dry mounting - only cardboard. We have two paintings that are quite large 42"X56". One is on rice paper and the other on silk. The advice given to me in the States was to use dry mounting and then plexiglass given the size and to ensure that the painting doesn't actually touch the glass (using the matte as a spacer). Does anyone know where I can get this done?

First of all your dimensions are the size of a small village on the North Coast. Your talking about 48x96 stock to work with. This is not possible on the North Coast. This is not possible in most places in the world.

You don't want to drymount silk or rice paper, you want to hinge it. Other instructions are correct. Your choice of mat colors will be white or off white. Foam core must be acid free.

Santo Domingo , maybe but probably not. I've seen museum, gallery framing in the capitol.....its very poor. The Country will eventual loose its important documents if they are not properly conserved..

Miami is the place to go if you want these pieces done properly. If you can't afford Miami , roll them up in put them in the closet.