Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 127
  1. #1
    Bronze
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    534
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Dollar goes below 30 pesos

    Big mouth stikes again. I spent last night explaining that I really thought that the floor had been reached for the time being and that less than 30 pesos would be a mountain to climb.

    I'll stick to hypnosis in future. - Can I remind you all while I'm sober to never on any account pay any attention to my foreign exchange ideas no matter how plausible if I have a bottle of beer in my hand at the time. Now, where did I put that slice of humble pie?

  2. #2
    Poll's Forum Moderator
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    8,796
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default ! !

    S & N, you don't need to discredit your own self! All you need to do is tweek your way of thought a little bit. Always remember in your mind that:

    - Absolutely (and I mean this) anything can happen at anytime at anywhere.
    The reason I say this is because many people discredit an idea or theory or prediction simply because in their mind its "impossible" for such thing to happen for whatever reason. The reasons could range from "its not the right time" to "its simply impossible". The reality is that anything can happen at any time any where, end of story. Look, the DR economy is growing again, the first time this is happening this millenium or in other words, the first time it grows since Hipolito decided to kill the economy.

    I knew we were going to be more or less in the economic position we are today before August and the changing of hands. Of course, things are turning out better than I predicted, the economy is now expected to end with a 1% growth this year, better than the 0% growth I was predicting, and a lot better than the IMF prediction of negative 1% decline.

    The Peso has shoked all those people who were setting themselves up to be shocked, I've been saying this all along, that the Peso will fall once Leonel take control. Of course, I've been rediculed, but I don't hear them now.

    The samething with the price levels, I've been saying that the prices will begin to start to fall once the population feels comfortable accepting the new exchange rate as "real" and not temporary, of course many people argued the opposite, but I still stand by what I have said and guess what, it's starting to show in certain sectors within the sectors of the DR economy.

    Absolutely anything can happen, keep that always in mind.

    - Make predictions on your gut instinct, not on your logic.
    This is the real key to always being right in your predictions. Don't make a prediction until you truly believe in your gut feelings that it will come true. Listen, I had instinct that Bush was going to win and guess what, he did. I had instincts that Hipolito was going to go and that there was going to be none of the hype that appeared on DR1 about possible military interventions, etc. I had an instinct in the current recovery of the DR economy and guess what, its happening.

    Learn to trust your instinct, it never ever ever lies or betrays you, in fact most people betray their instinct and then they fail in what ever they were doing, gee go figure. Most of the times (unless its a life and death deal) its hard to get a gut feeling on most issues, but you just have to be patient and not try to fool yourself into believing in what you WANT to happen, rather in what you know WILL happen. That is the key to being overwhelmiingly right in any prediction.

    - Have lots of patience.
    Many people just don't have patience. You will get criticized up to your eyeballs, you will be discredited (or at least people will attempt to discredit you), and you will be painted as a liar, a wishful thinker, etc etc etc. Just have patience, put your prediction forward, and STICK BY IT. If you did your prediction correctly, it will come true (with out fail) and soon you will be preparing all those criticizing words into a nice paella of words so those who criticized you can eat them!

    Plus, because of the well done and very accurate prediction, your credit worthyness among those who read your posts will increase, that is even better when people discredit you before the facts and then, wham. Reality hits with making your prediction true, then you'll notice that the criticism stops and you were right, again.

    - Make sure you have good facts and don't rely on internet sources.

    And last, make sure your information is legitimate and its on hardcopy or at least, on paper. Don't use internet sources for your prediction, however use them to cite on DR1 so that people can quickly get an idea of the type of facts you are using, but always use facts on hard copy.

    The truth is that if you don't know the past, there is little chance you will predict the future.

    There is so much truth in that as long that you also remember that past performance is no idication of future performance. Hmm, seems contradicting?

    Trust me, its not. If you dig into history to find your answers for the future, that is fine, just don't be too sure about it. Its good to have the history in the back of your mind, but don't base your predictions purely on it and if your guts tell you otherwise what you have learned from history, or books, or theories, believe your gut above everything because it is almost always right.

    The biggest problem with most people is knowning when their gut is "telling them" something.

    All you have to put attention to are those ideas that pop in your mind about what might happen and you get a strong gut feeling reaction while thinking of that as a possibility of happening. Afterwards, search current facts to justify your prediction and then, wait until the right time to make the prediction. Once you make it, stick by it all the way and then bam, it happens and you were right.

    This is why 9 out of every 10 prediction I make, especially in my specialty which is economics, I end up being right, with out fail.

  3. #3
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    1,035
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nal0whs
    S & N, you don't need to discredit your own self! All you need to do is tweek your way of thought a little bit. Always remember in your mind that:

    - Absolutely (and I mean this) anything can happen at anytime at anywhere.
    The reason I say this is because many people discredit an idea or theory or prediction simply because in their mind its "impossible" for such thing to happen for whatever reason. The reasons could range from "its not the right time" to "its simply impossible". The reality is that anything can happen at any time any where, end of story. Look, the DR economy is growing again, the first time this is happening this millenium or in other words, the first time it grows since Hipolito decided to kill the economy.

    I knew we were going to be more or less in the economic position we are today before August and the changing of hands. Of course, things are turning out better than I predicted, the economy is now expected to end with a 1% growth this year, better than the 0% growth I was predicting, and a lot better than the IMF prediction of negative 1% decline.

    The Peso has shoked all those people who were setting themselves up to be shocked, I've been saying this all along, that the Peso will fall once Leonel take control. Of course, I've been rediculed, but I don't hear them now.

    The samething with the price levels, I've been saying that the prices will begin to start to fall once the population feels comfortable accepting the new exchange rate as "real" and not temporary, of course many people argued the opposite, but I still stand by what I have said and guess what, it's starting to show in certain sectors within the sectors of the DR economy.

    Absolutely anything can happen, keep that always in mind.

    - Make predictions on your gut instinct, not on your logic.
    This is the real key to always being right in your predictions. Don't make a prediction until you truly believe in your gut feelings that it will come true. Listen, I had instinct that Bush was going to win and guess what, he did. I had instincts that Hipolito was going to go and that there was going to be none of the hype that appeared on DR1 about possible military interventions, etc. I had an instinct in the current recovery of the DR economy and guess what, its happening.

    Learn to trust your instinct, it never ever ever lies or betrays you, in fact most people betray their instinct and then they fail in what ever they were doing, gee go figure. Most of the times (unless its a life and death deal) its hard to get a gut feeling on most issues, but you just have to be patient and not try to fool yourself into believing in what you WANT to happen, rather in what you know WILL happen. That is the key to being overwhelmiingly right in any prediction.

    - Have lots of patience.
    Many people just don't have patience. You will get criticized up to your eyeballs, you will be discredited (or at least people will attempt to discredit you), and you will be painted as a liar, a wishful thinker, etc etc etc. Just have patience, put your prediction forward, and STICK BY IT. If you did your prediction correctly, it will come true (with out fail) and soon you will be preparing all those criticizing words into a nice paella of words so those who criticized you can eat them!

    Plus, because of the well done and very accurate prediction, your credit worthyness among those who read your posts will increase, that is even better when people discredit you before the facts and then, wham. Reality hits with making your prediction true, then you'll notice that the criticism stops and you were right, again.

    - Make sure you have good facts and don't rely on internet sources.

    And last, make sure your information is legitimate and its on hardcopy or at least, on paper. Don't use internet sources for your prediction, however use them to cite on DR1 so that people can quickly get an idea of the type of facts you are using, but always use facts on hard copy.

    The truth is that if you don't know the past, there is little chance you will predict the future.

    There is so much truth in that as long that you also remember that past performance is no idication of future performance. Hmm, seems contradicting?

    Trust me, its not. If you dig into history to find your answers for the future, that is fine, just don't be too sure about it. Its good to have the history in the back of your mind, but don't base your predictions purely on it and if your guts tell you otherwise what you have learned from history, or books, or theories, believe your gut above everything because it is almost always right.

    The biggest problem with most people is knowning when their gut is "telling them" something.

    All you have to put attention to are those ideas that pop in your mind about what might happen and you get a strong gut feeling reaction while thinking of that as a possibility of happening. Afterwards, search current facts to justify your prediction and then, wait until the right time to make the prediction. Once you make it, stick by it all the way and then bam, it happens and you were right.

    This is why 9 out of every 10 prediction I make, especially in my specialty which is economics, I end up being right, with out fail.

    90% of the times correct prediction? Please tell me what is going to happen with the dollar!

  4. #4
    Regular
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    64
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    FXConverter - 164 Currency Converter Results
    Friday, November 5, 2004
    1 US Dollar = 31.07000 Dominican R. Peso
    1 Dominican R. Peso (DOP) = 0.03219 US Dollar (USD)

    Median price = 29.07000 / 31.07000 (bid/ask)
    Minimum price = 29.05000 / 30.27500
    Maximum price = 29.15600 / 31.07000

    Rate for previous day



    Print Travelers' Currency CheatSheet for US Dollar and Dominican R. Peso.

    Print Friendly Conversion Results

    Understanding the results


    Add a currency converter to your Web site today.
    Get exchange rates with amount:
    Also See...
    FXTrade: trade currencies with tight spreads, no minimum deposit, no commission and earn continuous interest on your money.
    Order Currencies and Travelers Cheques and get them delivered to your home with FXDelivery.

    Travel Expense Report Manager (FXPense): Create multi-currency expense reports online and save it in MS® Excel.

    Link to Currency Converter: Find out how to link to OANDA's FXConverter.
    Recommend FXConverter to a friend!
    FXConverter™: Classic 164 Currency Converter © 1997-2004 by OANDA.com.

  5. #5
    Regular
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    337
    Post Thanks / Like

    Question

    Quote Originally Posted by DR Mpe
    90% of the times correct prediction? Please tell me what is going to happen with the dollar!
    I second that motion!

  6. #6
    Regular
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Posts
    247
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Predictions

    I have noticed, that those folks who make preditions, always have perfect explanations, why their predictions failed.

  7. #7
    Regular
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    191
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Before I could offer everyone 100% reliability on my predictions. It was a very simple system. Just do the opposite of what I say and you are sure to come out on top.

    Lately the system has not been working because I’ve reversed psychologied myself in to thinking that if I do the opposite myself I could get it right too but sure enough that hasn’t worked. Oh well, back to the 8 ball.

  8. #8
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    1,035
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ustelephone
    I second that motion!
    Also please give me 10 US stocks... 9 will be a success!!! I am going to be a millionaire!!!!

  9. #9
    Regular
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    337
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DR Mpe
    Also please give me 10 US stocks... 9 will be a success!!! I am going to be a millionaire!!!!
    You should ask for 50% of the 8 ball and see if you can get a 100% return.

  10. #10
    Silver
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Posts
    3,393
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    The Dollar keeps dropping but all the prices in DR are still as if the peso were at 45-1 This can't be good for anyone unless they adjust the prices of goods and services back down to lower levels.
    Badpiece

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •