Thank-you and Hurricane Season is Over!

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
Applause and a big thank-you to PJT, Peter & Alex, Planner and Dolores for their regular weather reports from their areas... Thank-you for the regular and excellent reports!

Also, the Hurricane Season is officially over (as is the US election and did anyone else notice that it was snowing in Texas on election day?).

Good news on both counts I think!

FireGuy

Rest in peace Amigo!
Aug 21, 2002
www.polaris-fs.com
Sorry Chris - not "Officially".

Chris said:
Also, the Hurricane Season is officially over...

From US National Hurricane Center www.aoml.noaa.gov/hrd/tcfaq/G1.html

"The Atlantic hurricane season is officially from 1 June to 30 November. There is nothing magical in these dates, and hurricanes have occured outside of these six months, but these dates were selected to emcompass over 97% of tropical activity."

Wish it were so.

Gregg

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
Wow, thanks....

Hey, thanks Chris. I don't think any of us do this for the thank you's LOL but it is very much appreciated.

Does this mean you want us to stop now??? LOL Don't worry I for one will continue, it seems to have some value...

And, the official end of Hurrican Season is not here yet.... anything is still possible.....

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
planner said:
Hey, thanks Chris. I don't think any of us do this for the thank you's LOL but it is very much appreciated.

Does this mean you want us to stop now??? LOL Don't worry I for one will continue, it seems to have some value...

And, the official end of Hurrican Season is not here yet.... anything is still possible.....

No, no, don't stop! please continue with this valuable service...

Yes, you are all correct, I somehow had the US election connected in my mind with the 'official' end of hurricane season... And when I saw snow in Texas, I decided that hurricane season must be over.... quite against the official dates. But, what do you all think? No more storms in November is what I think!

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Chris said:
But, what do you all think? No more storms in November is what I think!

I don't know what to think. I still can't believe that October was so quiet. Two months in a row seems almost too much to hope for. There are still a lot of names on the list for 2004.

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
End of season

Hmmm. I think the whole election is like a giant hurricane or is that a tornado??? LOL Thank goodness it is over..

And, hopefully no more bad storms. However we got a bad one last year in December!