Now i don?t like your country anymore :nervous: :classic: :nervous:

Tu quieres mmm,
Te gusta el mmm,
Te traigo el mmm,
Y Lorna a ti te encanta el mmm,
Que rico el mmm,
Sabroso mmm
Y a ti te va a encantar el mmm

Its good that censorship of this kind happens too much of anything inst good.
Bush is trying to do the same thing here in the states and that didnt stop america from reelecting him. If Balaguer were in power this kind of crappy song woouldnt even be in the country in the first place.

so andy why not try puerto rico were this kind of music comes from maybe yull enjoy it there.

Jols

Nov 3, 2004
spiderman said:
Its good that censorship of this kind happens too much of anything inst good.
Bush is trying to do the same thing here in the states and that didnt stop america from reelecting him. If Balaguer were in power this kind of crappy song woouldnt even be in the country in the first place.

so andy why not try puerto rico were this kind of music comes from maybe yull enjoy it there.

Amen.
I wish they'd ban the whole lot of it.

FuegoAzul21

Jun 28, 2004
Jols said:
Amen.
I wish they'd ban the whole lot of it.

are you talking about Reggaeton or merengue callejero , if its the merengue they have been prohibiting it on the radio for a while now , and if you read the post i wrote in the merengue Bachata thread then you will now how i feel merengue is going , If its about Reggaeton , then yeah the lyrics do get crazy ,but its music of the youth , its a hispanic music thats hott to dance too , there are also alot of good reggaeton songs too , that talk about social and political stuff

Ricardo900

Silver
Jul 12, 2004
Salser0 said:
What does papi chulo mean?
"papi" is a male term of affection, usually from a female to a male.
"chulo" means cute, not horny, a female could be a "chula"
"papi-chulo" loosely used, is a man who gets all the girls.

"El chulo" is a man/player who lives off women.

lizzyjl80

Jun 16, 2004
Ricardo900 said:
"papi" is a male term of affection, usually from a female to a male.
"chulo" means cute, not horny, a female could be a "chula"
"papi-chulo" loosely used, is a man who gets all the girls.

"El chulo" is a man/player who lives off women.
well put

MrMike

Silver
Mar 2, 2003
www.azconatechnologies.com
This puts me in a tough position

Since I hate both reggaeton and censorship equally.

Looks like the DR government is doing a good thing for a bad reason and like everything it does it will be most inneffective.

Most people that are forced to listen to this song aren't hearing it on the radio, but on their neighbor's busted speakers.

Talldrink

El Mujeron
Jan 7, 2004
they also censored the song that says:

Y hoy quiero amanecer en una caba?a... Now he only says la, la, la, la... I really liked that song, very chatchy.

Papi chulo can be seen as a hanky panky I guess, but is really just like saying Mami to a girl you like...

MrMike

Silver
Mar 2, 2003
If a noun, "Chulo" means pimp, and Papi means Daddy. So Papi-chulo is "Pimp-Daddy."

If an adverb, "Chulo" is also the equivelant of "cool" in Dominican spanish, and a "chuleria" is something cool. If a verb, "chulear", it means to make out.

Ricardo900

Silver
Jul 12, 2004
Oye

BeachBoys said:
I always thought that chulo meant cute.

BeachBoys
"Chulo" does mean cute, pero "El chulo de putas" means pimp, People are just using the short version "El chulo" or Papi Chulo

MrMike

Silver
Mar 2, 2003
Ricardo900 said:
"Chulo" does mean cute, pero "El chulo de putas" means pimp, People are just using the short version "El chulo" or Papi Chulo

I think you guys are confusing "cute" and "cool" (or whatever general complimentary, slang adjective you want to use)

In Dominican spanish, you can use "chulo" to describe a song, someone's personality, or even a restaurant, I don't think "cute" could be substituted effectively in English for those situations.

In Mexico, the equivelant would be "padre" and in Puerto Rico "chevre" (That might not be the correct spelling) well at least in the good ol' days when I was there.